Adventures In Dish Hunting 2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WOW - - Thanks for the info

I wanted the receiver as a dish mover - - - but maybe I should keep the Realistic Dish and Receiver together and get something else as a dish mover for my 10' Channel Master.

I thought it was funny - - - if you click on some of the links after the video plays the first time you get some pretty funny - - - old stuff. :D

I drug home a motorized 6' mesh BUD today! (Actually it was on a trailer! ;))

This also include a NPRM which held the BUD down with 48 cement blocks! That seems like alot of weight for a roof! This was at a closed sports bar in Erie and it was headed for the dumpster. Super Dan made it the nick of time to save her!!! :D

I am now on the "satellite list" of this business owner when more come up for "disposal"!
The bad news is just last week they dumpstered a 10' mesh and tossed a fiberglass dish of some kind. :(

With the NPRM I can make a temporary BUD setup or should I call it a "tempa BUD". :rolleyes:

I will have to check what lnb is on it in the morning.

Last edited:
tree in dish.jpg

I have been reading all the posts about dish hunting and thought I might try it too. The 1st dish i found was a 10 ft mesh but it had a little problem. It seems that it has been there long enough that trees have grown in behind the braces. It would probably be more hassle than it would be worth to try for this one. Plus the feed was gone and the feed bars were all broken off. I will be on the lookout though.

If it okay with the owner and not too big of a job, grab some of the mesh panels for future use. You never know when they might come in handy! ;)

Is there a motor or is that trash too???

If it okay with the owner and not too big of a job, grab some of the mesh panels for future use. You never know when they might come in handy! ;)

Is there a motor or is that trash too???
Dan, The house had burned and melted the cover,wires and the sensor so its probably trash also. The panels may be ok but tough to get.

I started this thread last year on January 1st, and am now asking the moderators to close it for the year 2010.

I haven't done any Dish Hunting in well over a year, but have enjoyed the "Sport" often in the past.

Gabshere and I started the very first Dish Hunting thread a few years ago, and I have always started them since, but am going to pass the baton on to the next generation of Dish Hunters.

I probably won't do a lot of hunting in the future. For one thing, I think I have gotten my quota for a life time. :)

The other thing is, I think those who are active should be the ones who get to post about their finds.

So one of you who are actively hunting for Dishes, please take over and start a new thread.

"Adventures In Dish Hunting 2011"

Thanks!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts