Adventures In Dish Hunting 2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally worked up the courage to tackle installing a bud. I'm going to pick one up this Wednesday from a guy about an hour away. It looks like a 10ft with an actuator,(cable and receiver) and a 4 pole lnb holder. Ièll post pics after. I couldnèt figure out how to save the google street view pic.

Found me some sweet C-Band dishes when I was up at my uncles. Oh to have a sawz-all

But I have a feeling they're in use ;)

Attachments

• PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    849.2 KB · Views: 177
  • PICT0038.JPG
    PICT0038.JPG
    898.6 KB · Views: 177
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    799.7 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    678.8 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0036.JPG
    PICT0036.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 183
Found me some sweet C-Band dishes when I was up at my uncles. Oh to have a sawz-all

But I have a feeling they're in use ;)
Interesting use of conduit for lnbf support on that offset dish. All 12 lnbfs seem to almost in a straight line (with no variation for the sat arc?). The gain on that dish must be tremendous to do that.

Interesting use of conduit for lnbf support on that offset dish.
All 12 lnbfs seem to almost in a straight line (with no variation for the sat arc?).
The gain on that dish must be tremendous to do that.

I will wager that dish is a six foot Prodelin.
And on Ku it DOES have plenty of gain!
Linuxman did one just like it, last year, and posted pictures here on the forum.

I guess this pic will be the giveaway as to where I saw these dishes ;)

Attachments

• PICT0033.JPG
    PICT0033.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 207
what is this

could someone tell me what kind of dish this is and if it's worth $50 it is a fixed dish

Attachments

• IMG00001-20100830-1016.jpg
    IMG00001-20100830-1016.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 155
Need a bigger picture to figure that one out, it does look like a nice size dish. Wonder how trickyit would be to take it down. Surely worth 50 though, if it can be gotten down without danger.

I'm working on a bracket that will bolt to the pole and extend up then hook a block and tackle to pick the disc up off the pole and let it down. I'll post pictures when it's finished just need to weld it together.

a Prodelin?

I think you've found a 6-foot (1.8 meter) Prodelin offset Ku two-way dish.
Here are some pictures I took of such a dish, bolted to the side of a drug store.
There are many more pictures and discussions of this dish, if it is the same as what you've found.

Whether or not you should go for it, would take quite a long discussion.
Obviously it's difficult to remove.
Then, there is the $50 price.
It's really bigger than necessary for most Ku usage.
And for C-band, well, you should read what others with that dish have said.
To give a hint, I'd say it might be a little on the small side.
And, you'd want a conical scalar for C-band, too.

thanks anole i have been reading some of the post and learned a little about the dish. i wouldn't use it for c band as i have that covered i just try and get as many dishes as i can and there are three on the same block as this one. i hadn't got close yet but one may be a birdview. it's always fun to see what i might get.

Today I was in a rural part of Missouri to buy a set of tires from a guy on craigslist. I was surprised to see a 12' Paraclipse in his yard with the cables coiled around it. I didn't buy the tires, and really didn't want to take home a 12' dish, so I spent about an hour talking to the guy about FTA and why he should get an HD box and put this puppy to work! Hopefully he will be joining satelliteguys and pulling feeds!

No camera handy, so sorry, no picks.

....i just try and get as many dishes as i can.... it's always fun to see what i might get.

i am starting to feel greedy. i just brought home number 16 today. another star trak 10 foot. (5 of em now). i have tons of spare parts. i like the fact that the dishes have a good home with me. most people trash them to get rid of them. ive only had to pay for one. wish my camera wasnt broken so i could snap pics of them all. but there i havent gound anything that wasnt posted before. happy hunting.

crackt out,.

Spotted a Birdview MM-20/20 in my back yard!! Oh yeah, it's the one I bought new in the early 80's. If anyone is interested let me know- Dallas, Texas

Well its fixing to begin a new season of Dish discoveries :) leaves will be falling soon and i'm hunting wabbits..... uh dishes ;)

they really are easier to find when the leaves fall. but when the leaves are present you can definately tell which ones are not being used.

crackt out,.

I was given this dish today

Went to ask about a receiver - - - got a dish for free.

I went and asked a guy I used to buy computers from about the old receiver he used to run his bud - - - and if he wanted to get rid of it.

He walked me out to his dish and said "Well what would you pay me for the receiver?" I had not seen it yet so I said "It depends on what it is"

He said take down this dish and remove it and I will give the receiver for free.

I said DEAL!! Wifey is going to be upset when I bring home another C-Band dish!! :eek:

He said be got it from Radio Shack - - - anybody know anything about this dish?

Attachments

• RadioShack-Dish-1995.jpg
    RadioShack-Dish-1995.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 156
Radio shack sold two brands of dishes. The realistic and one that looks like a raydx. I own one that looks like a raydx, and the mount is different. I am pretty sure thats a realistic brand dish.

YouTube - Radioshack 1990 Satellite System

shows it..

I have no idea who made them, but it looks like the H-H setup is nice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)