Advice needed: WSI vs Fortec vs Sadoun 180cm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Folks, between WSI, Fortec and Sadoun's....anyone know if one out performs the other, or are they all the same?
A few have said Sadoun's outdoes WSI...

Just wondering before I commit to pissing off the town.

Cheers, K

I have both wsi and sadoun 6ft dishes.
Both capture same channels and same signal level.

Wsi bargain 6ft dish is much thinner and lighter then sadoun 6ft dish.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a Sadoun 6 footer, but not setup anymore. It is a very nice and thick dish, and works very well (for a 6 footer) if setup correctly. I found a couple good threads right here on Satguys, and duplicated what they did to set it up. The instructions that come with the dish are worthless, and this comes from a guy (me) that's had a few dishes over 30 years, and set them all up by himself.

Just my impression from reading the forum...
1. Sadoun
2. Fortec (close second or equal)
3. WSI (most troublesome, flimsy)

Look for comments from Iceberg once he posts to this thread.

edit: as to performance, no idea between them.
They're all too small.
Get a used 8' mesh.
It'll be -much- stealthier, and get a better signal! ;)
Those light colored solid dishes really stand out.
My white Birdview can be easily seen from space! :up

Last edited:
how about this get a 8' mesh like WE all tell you.
and hide it behind a pit kinda like this build it high enough to hide slant the sides.
this work ?
hope so

Attachments

• brick-barbecue-pit-designs-i6.jpg
    brick-barbecue-pit-designs-i6.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,676
I'd love an 8ft mesh however it aint happening anymore (stupid town bylaws). My concern is the WSI I have now if am going to regret it as opposed to a Fortec or Sadoun. Furthermore, the WSI takes 2.5/8"OD pole whereas the others are 3"OD. IE- If I commit to the WSI, then upgrade, am stuck having to redo the pole.
Cheers, K

I had both the Fortec and the Sadoun 6 footer and they were pretty much the same...Sadoun use to sell the Fortec then I think he got his stamp on them instead

rock 'n a hard spot

I'd love an 8ft mesh however it aint happening anymore (stupid town bylaws).
My concern is the WSI I have now if am going to regret it as opposed to a Fortec or Sadoun.
Furthermore, the WSI takes 2.5/8"OD pole whereas the others are 3"OD.
IE- If I commit to the WSI, then upgrade, am stuck having to redo the pole.
Well, since you have the WSI anyway, I'd put it up.
Its shortcomings are well documented on the forum, so if you research it, everything should go smoothly.
Spending more money on another 6'er is foolish.
Though, that 6' out of state mesh you missed for $20 would have made sense.

As to the pole situation, both sizes are too small.
Most BUDs are on 3" schedule 40, which is 3.5" OD.

edit: if you insist on playing by the rules, how 'bout trying for a zoning variance for a low 8' mesh?
Run some pictures of high-mounted, bright white 6' solids by your neighbors, and get them on your side! ;)

Last edited:
Well, you know my set up on your Post.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/307713-How-high-is-your-BUD-mounted

Sadoun 6 ft is doing good job so far with atlantic satellites, My WSI 8 ft still solid no moving with the wind.. My fortec 1.0 mts has catched a lot satellites on Ku band between 30 W to 125 W..Excellent job!!
I can not compare each other about efficency due the size and design but I have seen one defect on the three brands: “Rusty”..If one piece of the dish is peeled or some areas on the hole screw is without paint the rust starts..Probably the three brands came from the same country "China:confused:"
If the Three brands are good I think you go with the better price, good Deal, low shipping, good kit, and more bonus..For example I got my sadoun since three years ago on rebate, I paid $100 dls plus shipping with the pole mount, arms support and the anchors bolts included!!!!everything;)..I think that right now Sadoun is selling the dish and the pole mount separated. This year I bought the Pole Mount 39" for my Hibrid WSI 8" to mount my dish and the Achors Bolts were not included in the Kit:(..So my recomendation is to look Pay less for more or follow Anole Opinion;)

I have a Fortec 180cm dish that has the ring mount simply bolted to a wood pallet. It has been all over the property pointed at various satellites. It's been out in the weather for 2 hurricanes over the years and works fine.

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are all out of the $69 dishes and have been for a while. However, you may be able to find a dealer online who may still have several pieces left in stock.

1. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the reason why the dishes were price so low. Just to refresh your memory, these were special order & manufactured according to specs from a particular customer. Once they were almost done being made, the customer cancelled the order so we were forced to bring them here to the States and sell them. Since the deposit paid by the customer was non-refundable, it helped lower the price to $69 and we priced it low to be able to move them all quick.

I want to make sure that you know that these dishes were not made according our quality standards. They were made extremely substandard & according to the customers specs. The WSI standard is much higher & we do not stock anything that is of this quality, but we'll manufacture according to a customers specifications.

As mentioned back a long time ago when I had first advertised them here, a couple of the issues that I remember were:

A. The gauge of steel used was high (thin) for a 180cm dish.
B. If I recall correctly, some had several missing nuts & bolts, or washers... but don't recall exactly which ones or what quantity.​

All & all it does get the job done and give you the opportunity to pickup some C band for less than $70.

2. In regards to the quality between the three dishes you have mentioned, I will tell you that if you are looking for quality 6-foot dish antenna, do not purchase the $69 bargain dish (if you can still find someone who has them in stock). As many people here reported, & as I've mentioned, this is not an extremely good & solid dish. It will get the job done for you, however it is a bit on the flimsy side. As far as I'm aware, since Fortec closed their office here in N. America, no one has the Fortec dishes in stock anymore. We used to be a Fortec distributor as well and that was one of the first things that they stopped selling. The quality was not bad at all. It was not great, but good. As for the dish from Sadoun, I can tell you that it's probably the best out of the three dishes in question. It's a nice sturdy antenna and it's one of the better quality dishes in it's class I believe.​

So my personal rating would be like this with #1 being the better of the three:

#1. Sadoun
#2. Fortec Star
#3. $69 Bargain Dish

Even though we are the company who offered the bargain dish, the truth is that this is not a quality that we stock.

Anyway, if you are going to be getting a "big dish", why not just get the eight-footer and rest assured that you'll be able to pickup most of what's out there? Or even a ten footer?

You may not even have to buy one or you may pay much less than what you have in mind. Check on Craigslist or even eBay classifieds (www.ebayclassifieds.com). I see more and more "BBD" (Big Beautiful Dish) popping up on Craigslist and other similar websites every day. Heck, you may be able to even get a 10 footer.

Anyway... Good Luck!!!

They were made extremely substandard & according to the customers specs. The WSI standard is much higher & we do not stock anything that is of this quality, but we'll manufacture according to a customers specifications.....I will tell you that if you are looking for quality 6-foot dish antenna, do not purchase the $69 bargain dish

Interestingly WSI never mentioned any of the above, especially the "DO NOT PURCHASE" part, when I bought one in Feb. 2012.

Cheers, K

PS- I cant say its that slimly though, the assembled reflector portion survived entire the winter buried in 5 feet of snow and its still straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were made extremely substandard & according to the customers specs. The WSI standard is much higher & we do not stock anything that is of this quality, but we'll manufacture according to a customers specifications.....I will tell you that if you are looking for quality 6-foot dish antenna, do not purchase the $69 bargain dish

Interestingly WSI never mentioned any of the above, especially the "DO NOT PURCHASE" part, when I bought one in Feb. 2012.

Cheers, K

PS- I cant say its that slimly though, the assembled reflector portion survived entire the winter buried in 5 feet of snow and its still straight.

We have never intentionally kept anything a secret from our customers. People who know me know that I'd much rather tell the truth & lose a sale than to lie ( get one sale ) & then lose a customer for life. I also encourage anyone who works here to speak with customers with that in mind.

I apologize if you got a bad impression :sorry: Obviously we are a business, in business to move products and be just a little profitable and if a customer calls to place an order for an item and knows exactly what he/she wants, we don't say "No, Do Not Purchase", but at the same time we are upfront about things that we feel may become a surprise to the customer or think there are things that the customer may not know about based on the phone conversation.

:doh::doh: I must admit, I guess I did not read all the posts, or missed a couple of them :eek: :redface: :eek: #1. From reading the first post, I was under the impression that you were concerned about quality of the actual product and #2. I thought you were looking to make a decision to purchase either one or the other and did not realize that you already had one. That's why I jumped in and said what I said. I just wanted to be helpful & informative. I guess I better not post in the middle of the day while working anymore..... !sadroll

It personally bothers me when a customer seems to be unhappy. That's why I wanted to be clear. But anyway, I'm glad that it survived the snow and hope there is no hard feelings on your side.

Those light colored solid dishes really stand out.
My white Birdview can be easily seen from space! :up
:D:D Isn't that the truth....

:welcome back Robby!

Been a long time! Looking forward to an update to any new products?

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the hospitality. It's always good to see you my friend. :)

As you can see, I have not been here for a while. Unfortunately there are only 24 hours in one day !protest New products? Absolutely, When? Soon I hope! Let's get together whenever you have time by phone or in person and catch up.

Have a great night and a great rest of the week everyone.

Welcome back to Satguys Robby..I hope you stick around and post a whole lot more often....:)

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are all out of the $69 dishes and have been for a while. However, you may be able to find a dealer online who may still have several pieces left in stock.
1. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the reason why the dishes were price so low. Just to refresh your memory, these were special order & manufactured according to specs from a particular customer. Once they were almost done being made, the customer cancelled the order so we were forced to bring them here to the States and sell them. Since the deposit paid by the customer was non-refundable, it helped lower the price to $69 and we priced it low to be able to move them all quick.

I want to make sure that you know that these dishes were not made according our quality standards. They were made extremely substandard & according to the customers specs. The WSI standard is much higher & we do not stock anything that is of this quality, but we'll manufacture according to a customers specifications.

As mentioned back a long time ago when I had first advertised them here, a couple of the issues that I remember were:
A. The gauge of steel used was high (thin) for a 180cm dish.
B. If I recall correctly, some had several missing nuts & bolts, or washers... but don't recall exactly which ones or what quantity.​

All & all it does get the job done and give you the opportunity to pickup some C band for less than $70.

2. In regards to the quality between the three dishes you have mentioned, I will tell you that if you are looking for quality 6-foot dish antenna, do not purchase the $69 bargain dish (if you can still find someone who has them in stock). As many people here reported, & as I've mentioned, this is not an extremely good & solid dish. It will get the job done for you, however it is a bit on the flimsy side. As far as I'm aware, since Fortec closed their office here in N. America, no one has the Fortec dishes in stock anymore. We used to be a Fortec distributor as well and that was one of the first things that they stopped selling. The quality was not bad at all. It was not great, but good. As for the dish from Sadoun, I can tell you that it's probably the best out of the three dishes in question. It's a nice sturdy antenna and it's one of the better quality dishes in it's class I believe.​

So my personal rating would be like this with #1 being the better of the three:

#1. Sadoun
#2. Fortec Star
#3. $69 Bargain Dish

Even though we are the company who offered the bargain dish, the truth is that this is not a quality that we stock.

Anyway, if you are going to be getting a "big dish", why not just get the eight-footer and rest assured that you'll be able to pickup most of what's out there?
Or even a ten footer?

You may not even have to buy one or you may pay much less than what you have in mind. Check on Craigslist or even eBay classifieds (www.ebayclassifieds.com). I see more and more "BBD" (Big Beautiful Dish) popping up on Craigslist and other similar websites every day. Heck, you may be able to even get a 10 footer.

Anyway... Good Luck!!!

Is your 8 foot dish available? If it is, I'll buy one, right now!
When I checked last, it wasn't..
Thanks,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)