Advice Needed

jtrippe

jtrippe

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
155
0
Wetumpka, Alabama
I'm about to move to zip code 36092 and I'm going to buy a CM 4228. I already have a CM 7777 pre-amp that I use with my HDTVi in 36117. It gets good signal strenght on all of the digital stations. When I move, should the 4228 pick up all of the stations without a rotor? Will the 4228 be o.k. for attic use? Thanks for the help. Any suggestions before I purchase any equipment?
 
T

Tower Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2005
726
97
jtrippe said:
I'm about to move to zip code 36092 and I'm going to buy a CM 4228. I already have a CM 7777 pre-amp that I use with my HDTVi in 36117. It gets good signal strenght on all of the digital stations. When I move, should the 4228 pick up all of the stations without a rotor? Will the 4228 be o.k. for attic use? Thanks for the help. Any suggestions before I purchase any equipment?

You will have stations from too many directions for a 4228 to work without a rotator.

A 4221 might get NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS from 173-201 degrees if aimed at about 188. A second 4221 aimed at 230 with a channel 55 Jointenna would add CBS. WBIH-DT (IND) on channel 29 and 268 degrees might not be worth the trouble.

A successful attic install would require all the varieables to be in your favor. Such as no trees, no hills, favorable roofing material, good angles, and no neighbors house in the way. Can you mount the antennas on the side of the house below the eaves where they can't be seen?
 
Rick0725

Rick0725

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 13, 2005
330
0
usa
Towerguy. My hdp-269 order is lost on fedex. here is the tracking. look where they ended up. Are you messing with my order?

Oct 11, 2006 9:48 PM



9:50 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

ALTAMONT, NY



7:34 AM

In transit

ALTAMONT, NY



5:33 AM

At local FedEx facility

ALTAMONT, NY



3:14 AM

Departed FedEx location

SYRACUSE, NY



Oct 10, 2006 5:31 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

SYRACUSE, NY
 
jtrippe

jtrippe

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2006
155
0
Wetumpka, Alabama
Tower Guy said:
You will have stations from too many directions for a 4228 to work without a rotator.

A 4221 might get NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS from 173-201 degrees if aimed at about 188. A second 4221 aimed at 230 with a channel 55 Jointenna would add CBS. WBIH-DT (IND) on channel 29 and 268 degrees might not be worth the trouble.

A successful attic install would require all the varieables to be in your favor. Such as no trees, no hills, favorable roofing material, good angles, and no neighbors house in the way. Can you mount the antennas on the side of the house below the eaves where they can't be seen?

Thanks for the input. What if I used the 4228 for my CBS, Fox, PBS and ABC and then used the HDTVi (NBC has the strongest signal) and joined those? How would I join the antennas. Would you give me link to the product? Thanks. Also, my fiance and I are actually having the house built. It's a standard wood-framed roof with shingles. Should that be o.k. for attic install? I'm going to run the cable for the antenna myself before the sheetrock goes up.
 
T

Tower Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2005
726
97
Rick0725 said:
Towerguy. My hdp-269 order is lost on fedex. here is the tracking. look where they ended up. Are you messing with my order?

Oct 11, 2006 9:48 PM

At local FedEx facility

ALTAMONT, NY

That's funny!
 
T

Tower Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2005
726
97
jtrippe said:
Thanks for the input. What if I used the 4228 for my CBS, Fox, PBS and ABC and then used the HDTVi (NBC has the strongest signal) and joined those? How would I join the antennas. Would you give me link to the product? Thanks. Also, my fiance and I are actually having the house built. It's a standard wood-framed roof with shingles. Should that be o.k. for attic install? I'm going to run the cable for the antenna myself before the sheetrock goes up.

The beamwidth of the 4228 is about 20 degrees. In order to get the desired stations, you need an antenna with a 28 degree beamwidth, the 4221 is perfect.
Look at the bottom of this page for Jointennas.
http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/joiners.htm

You can try an attic install, but I'm sceptical.
 
J

jrnoel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 14, 2006
16
0
I mounted my cm4228 in my attic and the signal was up and down. I also found that it got a little pixely in the rain, probably from the water build up on the roof. I have since moved the antenna outside and all of my signal went up and no more problems in the rain.
 
branchbouncer

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
1,205
4
Massanutten,VA
Will the 4228 be o.k. for attic use? Thanks for the help.

Outside is the place you want the antenna
 

Similar threads

Martyn
Replies
14
Views
3K
larrykenney
larrykenney
J
Replies
12
Views
2K
jamescbarrow
J
B
Replies
1
Views
5K
Jim5506
Jim5506
M
Replies
6
Views
1K
harshness
harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top