Aereo Decision Alert

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Sometime during the remainder of June, the Supreme Court will issue it's opinion on legality of Aereo.

A whimper if Aereo loses and revolutionary if Aereo wins.

On Monday at 9:30 a.m. Eastern orders are from the June 12 Conference, followed by one or more opinions in argued cases at 10:00. Opinions are also expected on Thursday, June 19, at 10:00 a.m.

This schedule is also expected to apply to week of 6/22.

They could simply decide that there should be no injunction on Aereo for the trial without a decision on whether or not it should be illegal - essentially leaving it in legal limbo for years.

They could simply decide that there should be no injunction on Aereo for the trial without a decision on whether or not it should be illegal - essentially leaving it in legal limbo for years.
Exactly! The Supreme Court likes to err on the side of not saying anything, because anything they say is quite binding for a long time.

Nothing on 19. Next opinions are Monday and continuing thru week. They saved a bunch of the controversial ones for next week

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
I read that the decision is going to be tomorrow June 19th. I hope Aereo wins this one but not very hopeful at this point. Crossing my finger though!
I don't think that information is available, so I would think it is dubious for anyone to claim to know when a pending decision will be released.

Nothing on 19. Next opinions are Monday and continuing thru week. They saved a bunch of the controversial ones for next week
They always do.

It would be unusual for them to announce decisions on any day othert than Monday or Thursday but it is certainly possible.

I wish they would get it over with. I guess it has to be Thursday or next Monday at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take all the time in the world - so long as Aereo wins!

We can speculate on what the delay means. it would be specualation but we are good a tthat.

We can speculate on what the delay means. it would be specualation but we are good a tthat.

I speculate that the Court does not view it as very important, so at the bottom of the work pile for all the interns and staffers to write all the legal briefs...

I speculate that the Court does not view it as very important, so at the bottom of the work pile for all the interns and staffers to write all the legal briefs...
Typically the harder stuff is last. They may be spending extra time to get the right weasel excuse so they can not judge the case on its foundational merit.

Reactions: TheKrell
I see that Birmingham is on the "coming soon" list for Aereo.
Would really liked to see a win here as my locals on Directv are by far the worst channels pq wise.
I'm too far for antenna.
Never would had guessed 5-7 years ago that I would be looking for a better option online!

I see that Birmingham is on the "coming soon" list for Aereo.
Would really liked to see a win here as my locals on Directv are by far the worst channels pq wise.
I'm too far for antenna.
Never would had guessed 5-7 years ago that I would be looking for a better option online!

Aereo isn't free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts