Ajak Horizon 180 to GBOX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coisado

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
I just picked up a 10' winegard dish with a ajak 180. Now being a BUD newbie i have never wired an actuator before. I need some direction on how to wire a GBOX up to the ajak. I found the ajak manual on this site but am still a bit confused. On page 8 of the manual it states:

Connect final wiring as follows:
Motor wires to terminal one and two.
“Sensor” or “Pulse” wire to terminal three
“Sheild” or “Drain” wire to terminal four
“Ground” wire to terminal five.

This leads to a couple of questions.
Are the terminals number from left to right?
For terminals one and two what are their respective polarities? Is terminal 1 positive and terminal 2 neg?
Is terminal 3 equivilant to the Sensor + and terminal 4 equivilant to Sensor - on the GBOX?
What about terminal 5? Where would that go on the GBOX?

I know these may seem like rudimentary questions but I'd rather not damage the legendary ajak dish mover on my first go into the world of C-band. Any help will be appreciated.

Fortunately this is not really polarity specific. The motor wires can be reversed. It just makes the motor run the other direction. Hook them up so it moves the way you want it to. The AJAK I have uses a reed switch sensor. The sensor wires can be reversed also. It just counts the other direction when switched. It is easy to follow the wiring on the AJAK to determine which is motor or sensor wires. Terminal 3 and 5 are the sensor wires on mine.Terminal 4 will be unused in this application. I used it to later to ground the unit to the house electrical system.

Attachments

• work 028.JPG
    work 028.JPG
    604.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Worked perfectly! Thanks for the help. I am really excited to get this puppy up. I just have to beat the snow :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)