AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think either team has a day off down the stretch - apparently I was wrong.

Tigers are at Cleveland and White Sox are at Minnesota tomorrow night; no advantage for either team.

Bummer since I was really looking forward to the pitching duel this evening. However, I am SO SO glad Verlander didn't take the mound once again in crappy weather.

I agree !

Verlander gets a lot of crappy weather games for some reason ...

I was about to post the same thoughts ...

Both win tonight, so no change in the standings, I would love to see the Tigers pick up a game on the Sox over the weekend and have Mondays game for 1st place !

I think I'd much rather have the Sox stretch out the lead by a game or 2 and guarantee that they are still in first after Monday's game.

He's inconsistent and often gives me the Valverde Shakes (it's a medical term, look it up). :)

Regardless, Twins-White Sox game just started on WGN. It looks like the Twins are missing several key players.

He's given up 4 ER's in the last 4 games he's pitched.

Given up NO hits or runs thru 5 today ...

He's given up 4 ER's in the last 4 games he's pitched.

Given up NO hits or runs thru 5 today ...

It looks like I'll have to take it back (while doing my best impression of Michael Clarke Duncan in his role of John Coffey in the movie The Green Mile). In my defense, I haven't seen him pitch recently since he is never featured in any of the games covered nationally on MLB Network/ESPN (Verlander, Fister, Scherzer). :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)