AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might have been it. The only way the Tigers get in now is with a White Sox collapse.

Bad base running by both of them. If Beckham would have hustled to home he would have made it in time.

Beckham sprinted away from 3rd & slowed up at the end. But you NEVER make the 3rd out at 3rd base. No reason for him to tag there. No reason Beckham would think he was tagging and he couldn't have been thrown out. Wise is the one who made the mistake.

That might have been it. The only way the Tigers get in now is with a White Sox collapse.

Nope, it's gonna come down tom the last weekend of the year.

Tigers end the season with 3 against KC while the Sox have 3 against the Indians.

IF the Tigers start playing ball against the teams they SHOULD beat, they will win the division.

Tigers have 3 games with the A's next, then, the rest of the year is against KC and the Twins (13 games).

Wh Sox on the other hand have a series 3 with KC then 3 with the Angels, 3 with the Indians, 4 with the Rays and 3 more against the Indians.

Tigers end the season with 3 against KC while the Sox have 3 against the Indians.

IF the Tigers start playing ball against the teams they SHOULD beat, they will win the division.

Tigers have 3 games with the A's next, then, the rest of the year is against KC and the Twins (13 games).

Wh Sox on the other hand have a series 3 with KC then 3 with the Angels, 3 with the Indians, 4 with the Rays and 3 more against the Indians.

I'll buy that argument...just as long as we can keep the team awake after they win a couple games. Does anyone have some No-Doze? I don't want sound like a pessimist (e.g., Bob H), but the Tigers have not demonstrated they can put together a prolonged winning steak nor play mentally tough baseball when it counts.

I sure hope you're right. I will definitely still be watching the Tigers and keeping the White Sox on MLB.tv every night. It's still possible but 3 out with 16 to go is pretty tough.

Last weekend of the year is actually not the end of the year, season ends 2 weeks from Wednesday. If the Sox go 9-7 the rest of the way, Tigers have to go 12-4 to tie. Anything could happen, but i'd much rather be in the Sox position.

That was a crazy game between the Sox and Tigers. That first base ump sucks. That's when you wish they had instant replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)