AL EAST 2009

This just in: Tim Redding Sucks!!! I mean this guy is terrible. I will say how about the Mets. A team loaded with injuries and they take 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox.

Red Sox salvage their series against the Mets with a 12-5 win.

And now the Red Sox go on their longest, and IMO, toughest road trip of the season:

*4 games in Minnesota starting tomorrow afternoon

* 3 games in Toronto

* 3 games in Detroit

And now the Red Sox go on their longest, and IMO, toughest road trip of the season:

*4 games in Minnesota starting tomorrow afternoon

* 3 games in Toronto

* 3 games in Detroit

Minnesota will be VERY hard (they've been on fire lately, and you once said the Metrodome is a house of horrors for the Sawx).

Toronto will be interesting- they've had a recent slump, but you never know if they'll bounce back or continue to play mediocre ball.

Detroit- that'll could go either way, depending on whether the pitchers or hitters dictate the pace of the game.

Minnesota got completely crushed by the Yankees and Toronto just got swept by Atlanta. Boston should do well, they have a great team but one question. What the hell is wrong with Big Papi?

Listen up Red SOX. Papi is done, over send him out to pasture. We saw it last season and what did you do?. You traded the best hitter in Baseball away. Luckily Bay is decent. But Papi was and stuill is too big, fat and slow to get around on the ball anymore. Able to at best hit doubles but too slow to make it to 2nd!!!!!!!! Idiots should have kept Ramirez and sold Papi for Bay. Forget the ACLS this year.

Last edited:
Minnesota will be VERY hard (they've been on fire lately, and you once said the Metrodome is a house of horrors for the Sawx).

Toronto will be interesting- they've had a recent slump, but you never know if they'll bounce back or continue to play mediocre ball.

Detroit- that'll could go either way, depending on whether the pitchers or hitters dictate the pace of the game.

Bottom line: I'll be happy with a 5-5 road trip, because those are three tough places to play.

And oh yeah, are we going to do something about Papi today Francona??? It's time!

Red Sox hang on to defeat the Twins, 6-5.

But what can you say about Joe Mauer?? :eek: Mauer hit a pinch hit two run homer in the ninth off Jonathan Papelbon. It was his 11th homer since he came off the DL in early May!

Meanwhile, Brad Penny picks up the win and is now a VERY deceiving 5-1 (although he has pitched better his last four starts).

Bad news for the Rays: second baseman Akinori Iwamura needs knee surgery, and is out for the remainder of the year.

what can you say about Joe Mauer?? :eek: Mauer hit a pinch hit two run homer in the ninth off Jonathan Papelbon. It was his 11th homer since he came off the DL in early May!

I think we know who'll be the AL's All-Star catcher at the Midsummer Classic!

He is clearly the best hitting catcher in baseball right now.

...Mauer hit a pinch hit two run homer in the ninth off Jonathan Papelbon. It was his 11th homer since he came off the DL in early May!

Meanwhile, Brad Penny picks up the win and is now a VERY deceiving 5-1...

And Papelbon's save statistics are deceiving as well. Has he had his first one-two-three inning yet this year? He is a blown save waiting to happen. A closer without an "out pitch".

And Dice-K won last year with smoke and mirrors. Last year, he became the first pitcher in over 100 years to end a season with fifteen more wins than losses while giving up over five walks per nine innings pitched.

Last edited:
And Papelbon's save statistics are deceiving as well. Has he had his first one-two-three inning yet this year? He is a blown save waiting to happen. A closer without an "out pitch".

Yep, I've been worried about Papelbon all season. Forget about the homers he's given up the last two games, it's the lack of the "swing and miss" that's had me worried all season.

That being said, IF Papelbon needs a DL stint (I'm not saying that's the case), the Sox can plug in any one of four different guys for the closers role.

And Dice-K won last year with smoke and mirrors. Last year, he became the first pitcher in over 100 years to ehd a season with fifteen more wins than losses while giving up over five walks per nine innings pitched.

IMO, the next 3-4 starts will tell us all we need to know about Dice-K circa 2009.

Listen up Red SOX. Papi is done, over send him out to pasture. We saw it last season and what did you do?. You traded the best hitter in Baseball away. Luckily Bay is decent. But Papi was and stuill is too big, fat and slow to get around on the ball anymore. Able to at best hit doubles but too slow to make it to 2nd!!!!!!!! Idiots should have kept Ramirez and sold Papi for Bay. Forget the ACLS this year.

It's sad, really.

The way I see it, there's three options:

1. Ride it out
2. Bench him
3. Waive him

He has ZERO trade value right now. :eek:

For the Sox fans here: What do you think about the job Dennis Eckersley is doing in his backup stint in the booth?? I think he is too much of a homer and needs to polish his skills a little more.

Did anyone else catch his slip-up this past weekend (at about 1:35 in)??

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nj4I25JP_iw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nj4I25JP_iw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

For the Sox fans here: What do you think about the job Dennis Eckersley is doing in his backup stint in the booth?? I think he is too much of a homer and needs to polish his skills a little more.

Did anyone else catch his slip-up this past weekend (at about 1:35 in)??

I actually like Eck- not Rem Dawg like- but I like him just the same. He is definitely a little green in the booth, but I find him rather refreshing.

And he's LIGHT YEARS ahead of the milquetoast Dave Roberts!

And yes, I did see Eck's slip up Friday night. I had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure I was hearing it right. Vintage Eck! :D

BTW, I wish I had a dime for every time Eck starts or ends a sentence with: "If you think about it.........."

I actually like Eck- not Rem Dawg like- but I like him just the same. He is definitely a little green in the booth, but I find him rather refreshing.

And he's LIGHT YEARS ahead of the milquetoast Dave Roberts!

And yes, I did see Eck's slip up Friday night. I had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure I was hearing it right. Vintage Eck! :D

BTW, I wish I had a dime for every time Eck starts or ends a sentence with: "If you think about it.........."

OOOP's

My Two Cents on Alex Ovechkin

OK....the kool-aid has worn off....BENCH JaMarcus Russell!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)