Al Jazeera America question

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
If I have the current tv for 5 dollars a month will I be able to keep that option when current changes to Al Jazeera America NEWS ? I believe it is going to be a way better news agency then what we all have now. Also when is this news channel going to launch ?

My understanding is sometime this summer. Personally, I would rather see BBC World News, but a standpoint outside our stale ones now would be a breath of fresh air. I just want to keep a watchful eye and ear over their message, because the American People tend to let the TV think for them. We don't need people being hypnotised by anti-America views.

My understanding is sometime this summer. Personally, I would rather see BBC World News, but a standpoint outside our stale ones now would be a breath of fresh air. I just want to keep a watchful eye and ear over their message, because the American People tend to let the TV think for them. We don't need people being hypnotised by anti-America views.
The funny thing about the current Aljazeera America is if they didn't have their log on the screen, you would think you were watching BBC World News, since most of the reporters are British. :)

The bigger question is will Dish carry the channel. Most provides are saying no.

Probably, since they already carry Current TV. They also carry Al Jazerra in some foreign packages. Plus they also offer BEin Sport and BEin sport two which is owned by them as well.

Since I can no longer get BBC International I have taken to watching this channel instead. I do not find it biased against the US. and actually carries some news of importance. How many hours can CNN talk about Hillary running for president and gun control legislation. There are other things going on in the world.

Folks... just a friendly reminder this this channel causes some strong opinions just because of its name. The reminder is don't make things political as politics are not allowed in the regular forums here at SatelliteGuys.

So thank you in advance for NOT making it political. :)

Thanks!

Personally I'd welcome a news network to Dish. As of right now, Dish offers no news channels. Granted, I don't know whether there actually is one in the US. There used to be Newsworld International until that was bought out by Gore/Company and destroyed.

Dish offers many news channels, (I am assuming you mean other than FOX, MSNBC, CNN etc...) EuroNews, BON, CCCNEW, Link & FSTV (With Al Jazeera Deutsche Welle and other newscasts) EBRU with Newscasts, and BBC and PBS News Hour on many PBS channels.

Dish offers many news channels, (I am assuming you mean other than FOX, MSNBC, CNN etc...) EuroNews, BON, CCCNEW, Link & FSTV (With Al Jazeera Deutsche Welle and other newscasts) EBRU with Newscasts, and BBC and PBS News Hour on many PBS channels.
I stand corrected.

May be known to everyone or as a reminder, if you have or get a Roku BBC is there, live, free.

Well dish should add bbc world news to its line up Christ they have RT CCTV. Actually Al Jazeera like mentioned before has mostly British reporters why would they dump that ? FYI Comcast and FIos have bbc world news.

Oh the roku feed for bbc world news has such low quality. Oh dish should add CNN international also :)

I've been asking for the Beebe for well over a year. I record the M-F on BBC Am. Really would like it all the time. As never watch FAUX snooze, CNN has turned in to at times FAUX snooze II. I do watch MSNBC some. But really would like the Beebe (BBC World News) all the time. I watch Al Jazerra via the net during most of the Arab spring as they had better access than anyone else. So would be nice to see both since they look at the US from outside. Hope that was a safe "non-political" statement.

Has anyone really watched Al Jazzera recently is become very global focused with unbiased innovative documentaries and news.. This channel is very sophisticated and rivals BBC World News which dish needs to get on in line up in HD it along with some of the other international news channels offers a true global perspective.

But when you watch it you find out that your preconceived thoughts are entirely wrong. It actually is a good news channel. I watch it on my ROKU.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts