Al Jazeera America renewal contract July 31st

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
Well it looks like Al Jazeera America news channel contract with DirecTV ends on July 31st so I am interested in what happens with this TV network since the merger has been approved. Also DirecTV has sued Al Jazeera America and I am wondering what the merger will do for this lawsuit ? I know at&t also sued al-jazz

DirecTv drops channels and adds channels on a regular basis.it depends how popular DirecTv thinks this channel is

Doesn't that channel only have like 20,000 or 30,000 viewers? If they negotiate with DirecTV they won't get any more in the deal than they have right now.

Given the fairly strong wording the articles about the lawsuit used (DirecTV argued their change of programming violated the contract and they wanted to terminate) I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't renew.

That said, if the lawsuit was settled it may be renewing at such a low cost that they just leave it alone.

Will be interesting to see if anything happens with it in a few days.

With that channel's anti-America stance, I wouldn't care if they didn't renew.

Please if you have never watched the channel, making such bold statements are ridiculous!...If that was the case you think they would get any viewers?

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
AJA is actually a great network. Especially when compared to infotainment channels, you're gonna get the most news with AJA. It is not the same thing as their parent channel, Al Jazeera.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
I find it usually just gives the news, no spin. Similar to BBC World. I wish Dish would add BBC World like DirecTV did.

I find it usually just gives the news, no spin. Similar to BBC World. I wish Dish would add BBC World like DirecTV did.
Well no, I don't agree. Like a lot of people don't notice liberal bias in the media. I've noticed it though. On MSNBC it's obvious, but on many other networks it's more subliminal.

Reactions: texasfb
Examples from AJA? There will always be a bias in the news. The point add was there comes off to be quite a bit less in AJa then most infotainment.

We can do this with the most popular news station as well.

http://www.upworthy.com/want-to-see-fox-news-lose-all-its-credibility-in-93-seconds

They still offer more news, and significantly less bias than other stations. I agree that MSNBC is garbage, and all news stations will have bias, but it is about which reports more news as news, and not infotainment. And AJA serves just that purpose.
You do realize that Al Jazeera is run by the Muslim Brotherhood right? Besides, since every other network has a liberal bias, is it so wrong that only one might have a conservative bias?

Reactions: texasfb
I do realize that AJ is run mostly by a Qatar Sheik and his company, and AJA is their byproduct, but it is an American News Network. Most of their staff is formerly part of American networks such as CNN and Fox News and MSNBC, and smaller city news channels.

I do realize that AJ is run mostly by a Qatar Sheik and his company, and AJA is their byproduct, but it is an American News Network. Most of their staff is formerly part of American networks such as CNN and Fox News and MSNBC, and smaller city news channels.

I use my favorites to discard the channels I don't watch. One of the many reasons I went to Dish, was because Directv didn't carry The Blaze.

I don't care for AJA, but if people enjoy watching that network ... So be it. I wouldn't be surprised if they have more viewers compared to MSNBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I try not to watch any of them. I would rather get my news directly from the AP, and internet, rather than have some media company try to spin it into the belief they think I should be believing. I would prefer to do my due diligence and fact check stuff I read first, whenever possible. I was just pointing out the fact this channel in particular.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)