Al Jazeera English $

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Absolutely horrible news! AlJazeera was one of the main reasons I got involved with FTA and was my main source of TV news and 58W isn't really an option due to the low elevation angle out on the WestCoast. Hopefully the Internet stream won't be geoblocked here in Canada. Does anyone have contact info for AlJazeera English? I'd like to make my opinions known to them. Also any news on weather the new AlJazeera America will be FTA?

You can contact them in the following link, click on the submit your feedback button at bottom of the page

http://m.aljazeera.com/home/contact#/home/contact&ui-state=dialog

In Canada I believe you´ll still be able to stream their internet video.
And nope from all that I´ve read it looks like the new Al Jazeera America will be a subscription service, it is precisely because of some restrictions imposed by cable carriers that they are geoblocking the internet stream to the US and GlobeCast is dropping the FTA from 97w.

I haven't received a reply, and don't really expect one from them, but yes I also sent them my inquiry/thoughts.

So it's going to be gone on 97W and 58W? I guess Globecast distributes it all. Well I wish them all the luck getting viewers once they scramble it. For the average person it's not a cable channel they'd be clammering for. They probably had no clue how many FTA viewers they had.

I´m looking into the 58w option but going into C band, will take me some work, and then again I hope that signal is not turned off as well.

I know they´re losing many FTA viewers by disappearing from 97w, not just in the US, but Canada, Mexico, Central America and Caribbean.

I sent them also a message but haven´t received a response, I know AJE Managing Director is supposed to visit the US around these days for the launching o AJAM, and things are not looking good inside the organization the General Director for Al Jazeera left the organization recently.

I wonder if Al Jazeera English Managing Director is even aware of this situation.

Quoting article below:
After nearly two years in office, the director general of Al Jazeera Media Network Sheikh Ahmed Bin Jassim Al Thani has resigned to join Sheikh Tamim’s new government as Minister of Economy and Trade, Qatar News Agency reports.
"Today I leave Al Jazeera to answer another call, to serve my country, with full confidence of your continued success," he said in a farewell note published by Al Jazeera’s Press Office.
No replacement has been announced yet. His resignation comes at a crucial juncture for the network, which is gearing up for the launch of Al Jazeera America in the next few months.

Read more: http://dohanews.co/post/53937179198/al-jazeeras-director-general-resigns-to-serve-my#ixzz2bCxuoOI1

I hope that signal is not turned off as well.
Same here, but think they will be pressured into [$] it. (with decoders only available to 'government authorized' entities.
I just kinda wonder if RT is 'next in line' for the same treatment as AJE?
"Americanize" (Dumb Down) or you'll be censored also.

PS - think the thread should be moved to the Shack for there's little 'technical' info or the PIT, as I think we pretty much agree, is a corporate-political issue.
?I in no way see this as just a normal 'business as usual' issue.

So Al Jazeera English is still encrypted on 97W and Globecast's World TV service seems out of business, AJ America is gone, and the YouTube stream now says "Sorry, not available in your country."

What to do? Is there any way to watch this in North America?

Since they took AJE off FTA, I stopped watching them.

Anyway, I was curious about the report above of the Ytube stream not working.

The one below is working for me

Reactions: DiscoLoveGrapes
Yep, it's working now. Wasn't when I tried it on Friday. Hopefully it was just a glitch.

I guess my main question is, if the feed is encrypted and the company providing the service to end users is no longer in business, who is getting it and how?

In Canada AJE is available on Bell satellite service (but not on Shaw Direct).

Overall with that encryption, I understand the access now to AJE is very limited.

Youtube is working for AJE but their main site still is not letting us in here to view the stream direct from them.

Look what I found on the AJE website, they are so totally disorganized and not focusing on keeping their few watchers,
that their website still says that the AJE stream video is not available in the US, due to the launch of AJAM.

Even though as we all know AJAM went out of business (good riddance).

Special note to viewers from the US
Al Jazeera English video content, including the live stream, is no longer available in the U.S.

Starting August 20, you will be able to watch more of the in-depth reporting and great content you love on the new Al Jazeera America television channel. Click here to see if your local television provider will be carrying Al Jazeera America. If you do not receive it, let your voice be heard and please request it today.

http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/201146152255537258.html

I don't have the Internet for that. It buffers and buffers and buffers. It would be nice if they would unscramble the channel, especially being the only reason they encrypted it in the first place was to push force AJA on us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)