Al Jazeera English $

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have the Internet for that. It buffers and buffers and buffers. It would be nice if they would unscramble the channel, especially being the only reason they encrypted it in the first place was to push force AJA on us.

I agree that they should unscramble AJE now that AJAM proved to be a miserable failure.

I no longer watch AJE, since they encrypted it, even though I could watch on the internet.

If they ever unscramble their FTA signal, I'll watch them again, if not, I will get my news elsewhere but certainly not from Al Jazeera.

As asked before, wonder who is actually receiving the encrypted AJE broadcasts from 97W?

Since they took AJE off FTA, I stopped watching them.

Anyway, I was curious about the report above of the Ytube stream not working.

The one below is working for me

Thanks! This link works and I can throw it onto the Chromecast via YouTube. It's not FTA, but it'll do for now.

I have Al Jazeera English on my V8 Super and can watch it live using that receiver. This is of course if your connected to the internet. But at least it is on the 55" screen.

Interweb here is wireless and they do packet shaping during the daytime to discourage video streaming etc. It streams fine using the link above after midnight and before 6am... but I need my sleep too... Can FTP or use other formats to download at full speed though.
Looked into WildBlue/eXplornet, likely the same throughput but data limits would certainly be an issue!
Living in the "boonies" does have it's drawbacks sometimes. Will have to do without AJE until it's available FTA again.

I remember I said I wouldn't watch AJE anymore once they turned off the FTA signal.

Well after some years, and having now an app on my smart TV to watch AJE, and also having access to AJE' s live stream on YouTube, I've changed my mind.

Lucky for me I see YT also has live streams for Sky News, France 24, DW, I24 News and some others.

I remember I said I wouldn't watch AJE anymore once they turned off the FTA signal.

Well after some years, and having now an app on my smart TV to watch AJE, and also having access to AJE' s live stream on YouTube, I've changed my mind.

Lucky for me I see YT also has live streams for Sky News, France 24, DW, I24 News and some others.
It has been on Roku the entire time also.

Good point, I´ve been following the story on Qatar´s situation with neighboring countries, and their demands.

It would be something strange to say the least, if ever find myself watching AJE following that very story, and at that precise moment, they turn off their signal, because of that problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.