Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

dfergie said:
If you don't want the Alb. Locals I would keep the Dish at 61.5 as the signal is better there than 129.
Ah, but I do want ABQ locals off sat. So it's a choice between keeping 61.5 and adding 129, or switching from 61.5 to 129. If we are getting KRQE off sat, then I see no need to keep 61.5 as long as I can get a good enough signal off 129.

.....G

HD Locals

My 622 should arrive today for an install (by Dish) next Tuesday. I currently get all the Albuquerque HD signals via a roof antenna. Am I better off spending the extra $$ and get the Dish locals? Are there any advantages (other that the ota guide)?

Thanks, Larry in Santa Fe

yes, you'll be able to record multiple networks. The OTA is only 1 tuner. With locals from dish that means you can record another 2 local networks from the satellite

Let me see if I understand this correctly. If I get the HD locals via Dish I can still use my OTA antenna to record a second network program!

Example: I don't think that the PBS HD station is carried by Dish. So could I watch a Dish Hd program and at the same time record my PBS HD program off my antenna?

Yes.

You can use all 3 tuners at the same time.

But since there's only 1 ota tuner, you can only record 1 thing on OTA, but now since 4 of your locals are on the satellite, you'll be abe to record those OTA channels that are on the sat off the satellite tuners

It is funny, but since my installer didn't have the 44 switch I can't get the California CBS feed. For the last two years all I had for the Major networks was CBS and now I have everything but!

I am still loving the additional programming!

dfergie said:
I checked yesterday to see if I could switch my CBS west back for CBS east... no go on that ...Shivera, they said I would have lost anyway...
So, you're still getting CBS-W and the ABQ HD locals as well?

.....G

Has anyone heard anything on the KRQE(Linn broadcasting) and *D. Are they talking at all. Just looking for a update. Hopefully it will happen. :confused:

Heres the Local Guide and the Recordings menu of the 622...

Attachments

• 622 recordings.JPG
    622 recordings.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Alb 622 Guide.JPG
    Alb 622 Guide.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 209
dfergie said:
Heres the Local Guide and the Recordings menu of the 622...

Thank's for the post. It really looks good. I'm going to wait for the Dish locals until they get the KRQE situation resolved. My OTA looks good now and I can't wait to see what they look like on the 622.

How come The Tonight Show with Leno is not a full 16:9. It looks HD kinda, my 60" set is a couple of inches on the left and right side of being full 16:9. Do any other of you New Mexicans see this also. I think KOB is doing something different. All the other HD signals in primetime are full 16:9 and look spectacular. Just can't figure out what is wrong with the Tonight Show.

Its SD... I get the Tonight Show from KNBC out of LA... its Widescreen. KOB is not flipping the switch or not recording the HD version. PQ on KOB is a lot better than the D*HD KNBC version's of the same show usually .
I now have my 622 running thru my Dpp44 switch. Friday I spent a couple of hours in the wind trying to get my 61.5 dish to pick up 129, no luck...
Yesterday (in the wind) I hooked the 129 lnb from the Dish 1000 to port 4 of the Dpp44 moving my148 Dish 300 from port 4 to port 3 keeping the Dish 500 feeds from 119/110 in port 2 and 1. Ran switch check and everythig works fine... getting my CbsHDwest on my 622 finally. Now I just have to get either the Dish 300 that I had for 61.5 zero'd in on 129 or use an extra Dish 500 and find same to free up my Dish 1000 for Camping purposes...(If the wind ever quits and we get enough rain to lift the fire restrictions) :(

JohnH said:
Looks like KRQE is a LIN Broadcasting property.
which JohnH corrected... read the rest of the thread. One thing here if there is a mistake unless it is in a review we do not go back and change history like some other forums do... I was wrong, I admit it, I live in the southern part of the state and only watch KRQE for the(Mike Hernandez) weather prefering the SD KOB for my news version thus never see the credits at the end of KRQE newscasts... And watch CBSHD east and west for CBS programming...

Hopper 3 and 6 joeys. Have 2 more tv to hook up

Joey 2 vs. 4K Joey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)