Albuquerque and New Mexico HD

I don't know the signal strength of 129. Is that in the system setup menu?

Last night I checked for SNL on NBC in HD, and it looked great. So, I suppose with the local channels, HD is hit or miss.

KOB OTA problem

I have a 622 and get my locals OTA in Santa Fe. Yesterday I had trouble with the signals on 2,4 & 5. I get the no signal screen ( for about 2 secs ) then 2 & 5.1 lock in. But 4 shows a signal of 32 and comes in for an instant and then I get the no signal screen again. Don't know if it is the actual signal from the "Peak" or my 622acting up.

Anyone else having a problem?

I.m in southern New Mexico.
I receive ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC from EL Paso with a outside UHF antenna.
I also get 2 sub channels.
I find the picture is better going straight into the TV rather than into the VIP622.
Of course you lose the record features so I do both.

Last edited:
DFergie, drive up to Queen, you can get El Paso TV stations from up there OTA. The digitals might not reach, but with a 4228 you just might.

Jim5506 said:
DFergie, drive up to Queen, you can get El Paso TV stations from up there OTA. The digitals might not reach, but with a 4228 you just might.
I go camping all the time on National Livestock (30 minutes past Queen on the North Rim) so far no digitals nor the El Paso analogs ( except on an old B&W tv) but I can occasionally get channel 's 7 and 9 from Odessa...

Yea, we used to go hunting at National Livestock area too. I had a little 40 element Radio Shack VHF antenna and my 5 inch Radio Shack battery powered TV and I could get 7, 9, and 13 out of El Paso.

I'm very close friends with the guy that runs National now, ( he's worked there for 9 years this time and worked there about a year and a half in the 80's ( for my cousin who ran it then))... not many Deer left in that country at all, nor the next ranch up (Panama and the Prude (ran by his brother who is in charge of 4 ranches)) and I had a Radio Shack B&W tv that picked up the odessa ... :) my HD set , nor my old 6000 wouldn't tune in any thing... I was thinking of going up there tomarrow, but it looks like serious rain right now up there...

As of this week I now also receive KCOS PBS HD from El Paso OTA besides the 4 networks.
KCOS is a little weaker because there 80% power but will fix that in a week.
I receive 12 channels including sub channels from El Paso OTA.
My outside antenna is a 17 element UHF.
I plan to put up a 59 element Antennacraft UHF soon.

dfergie said:
Replay Box > download to pc via dvarchive > Powerdvd file once it's downloaded, then take snapshots then edit size with photostudio...
AAH! I do the same with my SA TiVo. I thought maybe you were ripping off your 622, but then again Stargate is SD anyway. I thought that bit was pretty cute.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)