Alex Rodriguez tests positive for steroids and now ADMITS it

A-Rod will be interviewed by Peter Gammons tonight on ESPN. It's being taped right now, and it's already been leaked A-Rod has admitting to taking steroids at that time. It really was his only option.

The guys who don't admit to it (Clemens, Bonds, McGuire, Palmeiro) become pariahs. The guys who do admit to it (Pettitte, Giambi, etc.) get past it eventually.

Sandra

WOW! Thanks for the tip, Sandra.

Yeah, the best way for A-Rod to make it through this is to come clean. Admit what he's done and say that it's in his past and he won't do again. Fans will forgive, but in order for us to believe, this has to stop happening.

it's already been leaked A-Rod has admitting to taking steroids at that time. It really was his only option.

The guys who don't admit to it (Clemens, Bonds, McGuire, Palmeiro) become pariahs. The guys who do admit to it (Pettitte, Giambi, etc.) get past it eventually.

Hiding your problems never helps.

Tis better to admit it than to hide it.

A-Rod will be interviewed by Peter Gammons tonight on ESPN. It's being taped right now, and it's already been leaked A-Rod has admitting to taking steroids at that time. It really was his only option.

Sandra

The ones that lie, are the ones I haven't got past. I have no problem with the ones that admitted it, as long as they're clean now.

Sandra
Yep, 2001-03

Sandra

But the thing is, A-Roid has already lied about taking steroids on the 60-minutes episode with Katie Couric. How does he explain this? Are we safe to assume that he is now only owning up to it after he got caught? How do we ever trust him or others again?

More information on the admission:
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3894847"]Alex Rodriguez admits taking PEDs during 3-year period - ESPN[/ame]

But the thing is, A-Roid has already lied about taking steroids on the 60-minutes episode with Katie Couric. How does he explain this? Are we safe to assume that he is now only owning up to it after he got caught? How do we ever trust him or others again?
And you can add that he is in the prime of his career, unlike other juicers who were already retired or at the end of their careers...

He needs to own up to the Katie Couric thing as well so people can get past it. NOBODY has admitted to taking steroids without getting caught, nobody should expect A-Rod to be the first.

Sandra

He needs to own up to the Katie Couric thing as well so people can get past it. NOBODY has admitted to taking steroids without getting caught, nobody should expect A-Rod to be the first.

Sandra

Allegedly when asked about the Katie thing he said "At the time I wasn't being honest with myself. How could I be honest with Katie Couric?"

Sandra

I don't think Canseco ever got caught, but owned up to it. (Albeit after retirement).

Allegedly when asked about the Katie thing he said "At the time I wasn't being honest with myself. How could I be honest with Katie Couric?"

It was really the only thing he could say. Doesn't make it right, but people will eventually forgive.

Hey Clemens, Palmeiro, McGuire, Bonds...are you paying attention now?

Sandra

It was really the only thing he could say. Doesn't make it right, but people will eventually forgive.

Hey Clemens, Palmeiro, McGuire, Bonds...are you paying attention now?

Sandra

I think Clemens will go to his grave without ever admitting to anything. He's one stubborn SOB!

I think Clemens will go to his grave without ever admitting to anything. He's one stubborn SOB!

And for now he pays for being one. How someone so mighty and hallowed by so many (not me, BTW) could fall so far so quickly is staggering. NO ONE wants to be seen with him now.

How about instituting a clause that will keep anyone ever associated with PED's OUT of the Hall-of-Fame and with asterisks next to all their names in the record books. At least that way, everything these cheaters ever accomplished in the game will forever be tainted.

Have you seen the show on Fox titled "Lie to Me"?? It's about a firm that uses body language and other techniques to determine whether a witness is lying or not. They would probably have a field day with this one:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVcqLt9sJLs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVcqLt9sJLs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I wonder if his wife got into Alex's roid stash?

alex_rodriguez_1.jpg

Clemens still hasn't gotten over having occasionally had to carry his ownluggage from the airport baggage carousel to the taxicab curb.

When did Sponsorship come into Sports?

Championship Week 2009 Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)