ALI Editor - Problem Editing - PIDs Change Randomly

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I'm having issues with the Ali editor. Fairly simple to use but if you try to edit channel information, the editor screws with the PIDS. Any of the radio channels I opened resulted in having an arbitrary video PID assigned and the audio PID would be erased. I tried working with the LPB channels and again had the audio PIDs messed up by the Editor. The PID info windows are not accessable they are greyed out, so you can't fix it once it happens. Anybody else experience this? No problems adding transponders and satellites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually wasn't trying to work with PIDs. I was hoping to produce a favorites list with the editor. But any channel I opened had it's PIDs changed when closed. I did not try and upload a file with unwanted PID changes to the STB, so I'm not sure of the ultimate outcome of this happenning. It's better to use the Channel editor onboard the microHD for adding favorites. That way you can view the channel real quick and don't have to remember what's what.

You're not alone here. I ran into that the second day I had the micro and tried renaming channels with the names like SNG or TV1 etc. When I reloaded the file, I had no sound and had to rescan to correct and that put the other names back. I think it gave some sort of PID error message when I selected items that I wanted to edit. I thought it was because some of the channels like the NBC feeds have several audio PIDs.

Also somehow it gave me dozens of duplicated channels with the same name on 95W when I deleted some and renamed the channels on 4137V TP.

Whats the best TV System, Video Resolution setting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)