Aljazeera feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wish we could get an Aljazeera HD feed also.. we get an one hour feed(very poor Picture) here in New Orleans over on of the PBS channels I need an AM-21 to get it.. I have a EVO 4G it has a killer smart phone app that gives me a live Aljazeera feed...
The Corporation ran NEWS will have a sissy fit and the Orange man of the house would begin to cry again, if every American would find out what is really going on in the world… We all know that Charlie Sheen is more important than anything else going on in the world….

Last edited:
I wish we could get an Aljazeera HD feed also.. we get an one hour feed(very poor Picture) here in New Orleans over on of the PBS channels I need an AM-21 to get it.. I have a EVO 4G it has a killer smart phone app that gives me a live Aljazeera feed...
The Corporation ran NEWS will have a sissy fit and the Orange man of the house would begin to cry again, if every American would find out what is really going on in the world… We all know that Charlie Sheen is more important than anything else going on in the world….

The media we see in the U.S. is controlled by the ones that want us dumbed down. There is a lot going on out there that most never see. They had some great coverage on Press Tv today that would never be shown here on the major news channels.

I don't think Aljazeera has a HD feed, at least I never seen one on C band and that is where distro is coming from over on 58 west for the U.S.

Wow thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. I'd like to see other news orgs too but I have been extremely impressed with al-jazeera's coverage of world events on the "internets".

Boycott? You could just block it, or get a fresh perspective. ?
Propaganda isn't a perspective.
Count me in on the boycott.

Propaganda? Sounds like the crap that the 3 major news networks put out. There's cable news nets doing it too. Turn on any of the three any evening and the stories are so alike it's bizarre. The only difference is the human interest story at the end. I like to think some in this country are still able to make intelligent choices for themselves. I like Al Jazeera and the others for giving us a different view. I don't enjoy being fed this stuff we call the evening news in the U.S....blind

I find al jazeera very interesting.
Wife will kill me if I dare add a 5th dish.
Roku gets tons of world news stations.
Really good quality. Nope its not hd but its very good.
Love this roku device!!

How convenient, looks like no US-based communications companies have any interest in adding al-jazeera english to their systems. At least LinkTV shows it once in a while. Like i have said before, news programs here are entertainment shows with endless reruns of "news". Breaking news has lost its meaning. Local TV only talks about disasters.

<quote>
Comcast: &ldquo;We do not currently carry Al Jazeera English as a cable channel, but we do carry it as part of a multicast feed from a public broadcaster in the Washington, D.C. area, and we understand they may have multicast agreements with other broadcasters.&rdquo;

DirecTV: &ldquo;We have no plans to carry Al Jazeera English on DIRECTV at this time.&rdquo;

Dish Network: &ldquo;We don&rsquo;t carry Al Jazeera English. We do carry Al Jazeera Arabic and Al Jazeera Sport in our Arabic packages. We have no announcements about carrying any new Al Jazeera channels at this time. We always evaluate how we can enhance our line-up.&rdquo;

Time Warner Cable: &ldquo;We don&rsquo;t have a carriage agreement with Al Jazeera English, but our customers can view this programming for free online. We remain willing to talk with them, or any other programming provider, for carriage of their network.&rdquo;

Cox: &ldquo;I can confirm that Cox does not carry Al Jazeera English on our cable line-up.&rdquo;

Charter: &ldquo;We haven&rsquo;t had any contact with them in the past week. Over the years we&rsquo;ve talked to them on occasion, but not on a regular basis.&rdquo;

Verizon: &ldquo;Verizon FiOS TV offers a robust international offering, but that does not currently include Al Jazeera English. We receive requests for many channels, including Al Jazeera English, and we make those requests part of our decision-making process. For example, we&rsquo;ve received requests for other Middle Eastern channels like Rangarang, Kuwait TV and ART, all of which we carry. We&rsquo;ll continue to evaluate additions to our FiOS TV lineup against expressed customer interests as well as other factors.&rdquo;

Cablevision: &ldquo;Cablevision is always evaluating the channels we carry, based on consumer interest and other factors. Today, our customers receive more than a dozen dedicated news and information networks, with additional news programming available on many other channels.&rdquo;

AT&T: &ldquo;We don&rsquo;t carry Al Jazeera, but we do offer ART (Arabic Radio &Television). We&rsquo;re constantly expanding our U-verse TV channel lineup, but we don&rsquo;t provide details on our programming discussions.&rdquo;

Bright House: Did not respond to a request for comment.

Al Jazeera Finds New Paths In U.S. - NYTimes.com
Feb 1, 2011 </quote>

MHzW, DirecTV channel 2183, carries Al Jazeera English for 30 mins at 0700 and 1800 daily.

CNN, MSNBC and faux most likely have something in their contracts with providers that specifically bars AJE from carriage because the big 3 commercial operations do not want the competition from any non commercial news channels like BBC world, NHK World, AJE, DWTV and various others. CCTV9 China's english language govt news channel ch 265 dish, 2053 directv is carried because they pay the same way the shopping channels pay for inclusion/carriage.

How do you know this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)