All 10 Voom channels now on Dish Network

Can the dish pointing at 61.5 be the voom dish or does it have to be a E dish? Hi, I'm new.

wgolab said:
Can the dish pointing at 61.5 be the voom dish or does it have to be a E dish? Hi, I'm new.

If you do not own Dish Equipment. The answer will be no since for new customers Dish Network will upgrade you with their LNB and Dish Pro setup. If you are a current customer with legacy hardware, it will work.

I just disconnected my coax from the VOOM receiver and connected it to my 6000u, did a test switch, called and upgraded to VOOM channels and VOILA I am VOOMing. I have ONLY HD package and will be paying $20 per month for the 10 VoOm Channels plus ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, HDnet and HDnet movies. If you are going to do this, you need to own your equipment. The 6000u may be available cheap at ebay.

Sean Mota said:
I just disconnected my coax from the VOOM receiver and connected it to my 6000u, did a test switch, called and upgraded to VOOM channels and VOILA I am VOOMing. I have ONLY HD package and will be paying $20 per month for the 10 VoOm Channels plus ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, HDnet and HDnet movies. If you are going to do this, you need to own your equipment. The 6000u may be available cheap at ebay.

Can you go this route (HD only) if you are a new subscriber and buy your own 6000u. I might consider going to Dish just for the HD only channels @ $20.00 per month. I really have no desire for their SD channels.

First few problems if I set my 6000u at 720p there are big bad vertical lines. If I set it to 1080i there are visible diagonal lines going across.

BLW said:
Can you go this route (HD only) if you are a new subscriber and buy your own 6000u. I might consider going to Dish just for the HD only channels @ $20.00 per month. I really have no desire for their SD channels.

I believe this is the case, but you need to call and make sure. Another way around it is to sign up with them and then downgrade your programming to just HD. Just make sure that the contract does not ties you up to your programming.

Sean Mota said:

So are discoveryHD, espnHD, etc.. also coming in from the 61.5 dish or is a second dish needed to get those?

One piece that I forgot to mention is that ESPNHD, TNTHD, HDnet, HDnet movies and DiscoveryHD are not on 61.5 and are only on 110 so you still need another Dish pointed at 110. Right now, I cannot see the latter channels because I haven't connected the 61.5 satellite to the multiswitch. So be aware that you will need two dishes to get the Entire HD pack.

ps.. messed up 61.5 fo 110. I corrected above.

lostcause said:
So are discoveryHD, espnHD, etc.. also coming in from the 61.5 dish or is a second dish needed to get those?

read my previous post... I forgot to mention that detail.

Sean Mota said:
One piece that I forgot to mention is that ESPNHD, TNTHD, HDnet, HDnet movies and DiscoveryHD are not on 61.5 and are only on 110 so you still need another Dish pointed at 61.5. Right now, I cannot see the latter channels because I haven't connected the 61.5 satellite to the multiswitch. So be aware that you will need two dishes to get the Entire HD pack.

So this means that the 6000u is not the preffered receiver to have if you do not want to use a multiswitch?

VOOMs' beginning as a programmer of HD! WOW! Ordered Voom sometime about 2:30am this morning and The PQ is excellent! Almost as before without half the channels. I am feeling better already! I had an existing customer of Dish since 97', than I became a Voomer too! I never dropped Dish and after on April 15th when my programming invoice ended with Voom I cancelled. We decided to get some International programming So I called Dish to install a new Dish and replace the Voom one. I had been watching the Brazilian programming for a week, when yesterday I logged in to the forum again to read the news that Dish would carry Voom and understood it would be on 61.5. I know this was just a bit of luck, but it has really helped me deal with the whole issue.

BLW said:
So this means that the 6000u is not the preffered receiver to have if you do not want to use a multiswitch?

What do you mean? For any HD receiver 811, 6000u or HD DVRs, you will need a multiswitch to look at both 61.5 and 110.

Sean Mota said:
What do you mean? For any HD receiver 811, 6000u or HD DVRs, you will need a multiswitch to look at both 61.5 and 110.

You can tell I am a dbs newbie, only had Voom for a couple months and was my first satellite service. Bare with me if I ask some dumb or incorrect questions.

Sean Mota said:
Ok.. no problem... You will need two dishes and a multiswitch to see the entire HD Package.

Well, that pretty much rules it out for me. I might have been able to get away with the one 61.5 dish I already have up from voom, but there is no way in hell my condo board will let me put up TWO dishes!!!! (and no, I'm not covered by the fcc rules. I don't have LOS from my exclusive areas so they would have to be mounted on the roof which is considered common area).

Oh well...here's to hoping adelphia picks the channels up soon.

Sean Mota said:
First few problems if I set my 6000u at 720p there are big bad vertical lines. If I set it to 1080i there are visible diagonal lines going across.
This may or may not be relevant to your problem but have you tried using the picture positioning controls on the 6000? There were similar issues in the past with 720p channels converted to 1080i that were cured by changing the horizontal positioning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)