All about Birdview and Dish Hunting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Harold,

I have done just what you spoken about. You don't know how many times I have brought the original pictures that I took up on my computer to see the 2048x1536 full size ones, and just be amazed at how the whole thing is designed. It is almost perfectly balanced when on the mast and secured.

I went through the bank drive-up window today, and the teller asked me what I was doing with all the dishes on my roof. I briefly told her about FTA, and she thought it was a great idea.

She said that a lot of people who drive through had asked her especially when I was up there working. There has only been one or two people who have ever asked me directly. I thought it was funny that they would ask her just because she can see the roof from her window. That's the way they do it in a small town I guess.

You should go back and see if your dish is still there and bring it home. I know that you would get a great deal of satisfaction just having it home and operational again. Either that, or go out dish hunting and find another closer to home. :D

That's part of what this thread was all about. What is out there still, and what might be right around the corner from where you live.

Thanks again Harold,

Fred

heya

hey linuxman. i was out dish hunting today and seen alot of satellites no one wants to let them go. i even offered some cash and nope they thought i wanted it for alum which i told them i was using it for FTA and stuff like that and i've never seen a birdview over in this area. are they just in certain area's or what :) i like how your dish looks and i want to find me one with a H-H mount on it also :)

What I find amazing is that with the right setup etc, a 1/8" thick wall on a 6" pipe has held this dish up for at least 15 years.

We are going to find a piece of at least schedule 40 with a 5.5" - 6" steel OD pipe to weld the brackets to for the mount to hold the dish.

Got a 5-1/2 OD schedule 40 pipe, going to be picked up by the welder and the flanges welded on to be used with my mount.

The welder brought by my modified 5-5/8" schedule 40 mast. It cost $20.00 for the pipe. I already have it on the roof and the mount semi put together.

fred i didn't get to see the finished product did you get a pic of it, did the welder just weld an adaptor to the mount that you bought ?? thanks i might have to build something for a 6" HH mount , i will also have to reread the part about cleaning the motor and adding a reed sensor and rebolting the drive shaft. all those were good tips in refurbing a birdview . maybe soon we will have a Birdview group just like the primestar group.
"Team Primestar"
"Team Birdview"

Hey George,

did the welder just weld an adaptor to the mount that you bought ??

As you might have seen in the original pictures of the mounts, the center mast has steel flanges welded onto the mast at the bottom, and then again about 2.5 feet up. Those bolt to the angle steel which connects to the out-riggers.

Here is another pic of the final mast and how it connects.

the-setup-tools.jpg

It doesn't matter how big the diameter of the mast is. You just make a new set of flanges, and weld them to the new post. :D Then bolt to the angle steel.

Fred

Reactions: hank123
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)