All Celtics Home Games in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My source has confirmed directv has not even begun the negotiating process to have comcast new england sports celtics games in hd. Formerly this channel was fox sports new england and directv carried most of their home games in hd on channel 96.

More celtics games should be on the national networks this year, but this is still bad news. Virtually all the other providers in the boston dma are offering home celtics games in hd.

Well, since the Celtic game tonight is in hd on channel 95 for those in the Boston dma, I guess you got another one wrong Bob.

Well, since the Celtic game tonight is in hd on channel 95 for those in the Boston dma, I guess you got another one wrong Bob.

Not really. This is a national feed. As I said there would be more celtics games carried nationally in hd this season.

Not really. This is a national feed. As I said there would be more celtics games carried nationally in hd this season.

Not to argue with you, but this was the Comcast New England feed on tonight, and you said DirecTV "has not even begun the negotiating process to have comcast new england sports celtics games in hd" obviously implying that there will be no CSNE HD games on DirecTV anytime soon.

200px-Liar_Liar_poster.JPG

Not to argue with you, but this was the Comcast New England feed on tonight, and you said DirecTV "has not even begun the negotiating process to have comcast new england sports celtics games in hd" obviously implying that there will be no CSNE HD games on DirecTV anytime soon.

I never said directv did not have an agreement with csne and its partners to show some games in hd on its nba paid package, nba.tv etc. But they are not carrying a majority of home games on channel 96 or on a local conus spotbeam like last year, so rest assured there will be many games not in hd on directv at all. Channel 95 is a shared channel among not only the nba teams but many other sports as well, so it's hardly a likely permanent home.

The game was also available on channel 95 in the Portland, Maine DMA. OK, now for the strange part - this broadcast seemed to be interfering with the NESN HD feed of the Bruins. The Celtics telecast was fine. The Bruins, however, was pixelating badly to the point it would freeze up for an instant and a static image of the Celtics telecast would be visible for an instant. This problem with the Bruins telecast got progressively worse as the evening wore on to the point it was losing the signal completely. I checked the transponders and they were all lit and in the high 80s to mid 90s. Did anyone else run into this problem?

No, that's not what you said. Go back and read the first post in this thread. So, are you a liar, or were you wrong?

good news that D* stepped up and got the games in HD - hopefully it continues - missed last night's game but will be looking forward to watching the C's at home in HD

No, that's not what you said. Go back and read the first post in this thread. So, are you a liar, or were you wrong?

Huh? I said this in the first post:

"More celtics games should be on the national networks this year, but this is still bad news."

Huh? I said this in the first post:

"More celtics games should be on the national networks this year, but this is still bad news."

When a channel is shown in a local market only, then it's not a national feed.

i'm still trying to figure out Q's source who said directv wasn't negotiating with comcast new england, when the rsn is sked to go conus in a week or so, according to another poster who has reliable sources.

that's post number 15 on page 2 in this thread.

It was blacked out here in central CT on both channel 95 and 620.

That's strange, I had heard most people in the SNE/NE are got it....in any case it was not a regional broadcast, but apparantly a national broadcast blacked out in select areas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)