all recordings gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sissylyne

Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
For a couple weeks tv shows have been missing when the should have recorded. Last night all recordings stored on the dvr vanished. Hubby said he seen a message about the hard drive being full when there was very little hard drive space used.
We have had the receiver about a year with no major issues but I know that others have had issues like this.

Do I need to contact dish for a replacement?

thanks for any info

try a plug pull reset (hard reset) if that don't work send a PM to one of the DIRT members here and they can set you up.

Hard reset, try a recording or two, if it still has issues with timers or holding recordings again, it'll probably need to be replaced. Just like HIFI mentioned, you can send me a PM and I can setup the replacement order for you.

This just happened to me on my 722. I have a 622 and a 722. I use the 622 daily and it's working like a champ. I use the 722 (connected to the same TV) on average probably once per week. The drive was not maxed out, but I did have a few recordings on it and several timers (again, not maxed out). I switched over to the 722 this morning and all recordings and timers are gone! I'm glad there was nothing on there I really cared about. A soft reboot and a hard reboot did nothing, so I'm pretty sure the recording and timers are truly gone. I'll try setting a few timers and see how it goes. This is pretty disheartening, and I won't trust it to record something important. I've never had something like this happen---not so much as a missed recording.

My 922 lost all the recordings earlier this evening. It was at 25% and then jumped to 99%. I did a hard reset and it did not clear anything up. Everything has been fine with this receiver up until now.

There is a known issue with the 922 that it displays the incorrect amount of HDD space.

The fix is either a hard reset, or wait for the nightly updates. If it still has the same problem, I'm trying to get more clarification on what the next step is (either RA, or submit report).

**EDIT** The next step for us is to submit a report.

Last edited:
My 922 suddenly showed 102% hard drive space used AND zero recordings! Earlier today the HD was about 8% used. Hard reset did nothing. Restoring factory defaults fixed the issue with the HD space error but all recordings are lost. The timers did get make it thru.

:mad: This finally happened to me. After a couple of reboots/re-sets, it's back in working order. I did not have to restore factory defaults; however, all my recordings are gone.

mpletz,

The software update is slated to be released soon to take care of this issue with the 922. I don't have an exact date but the software engineers say soon. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)