Almost Human

Monday, February 3, 2014

"Unbound": A refurbished, advanced DRN (Gina Carano) that operates like a soldier goes on a rampage, resulting in casualties; Dorian and Kennex ask a genius roboticist and DRN creator for help.

S~

I thought that was her. I wasn't paying attention to the credits while watching last night's episode--which was great, by the way. I liked Gina Carano in Haywire and was hoping to see more of her.

I'm glad this show is finally getting back on track with a major story arc. Gives me reason to keep watching, as the super-advanced-technology-used-to-commit-a-crime of the week storylines were starting to get a bit stale for me (I'm not a big fan of procedurals).

My one problem with the episode was the whole "wall" thing. To my recollection it hasn't been referenced until now, but apparently is a pretty big deal in the future society. Likely keeping the uncivilized out of the city.

I don't mind it as a plot element, but for something so significant to everyday life to appear out of the blue without the slightest foreshadowing bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think the wall was referenced in the very first episode, but like almost every other potential plot point brought up in that first episode, it was completely set aside for nearly half a season, until now. I'm almost beginning to suspect the kind of unfortunate tinkering on the part of Fox execs that happened with Firefly with this show as far as story development and episode sequence.

My one problem with the episode was the whole "wall" thing. To my recollection it hasn't been referenced until now, but apparently is a pretty big deal in the future society. Likely keeping the uncivilized out of the city.

I don't mind it as a plot element, but for something so significant to everyday life to appear out of the blue without the slightest foreshadowing bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Maybe the city you see is for the 1% and the wall keeps the other 99% out . Income inequality played out in the future if allowed to run wild.

tvbythenumbers.com has it as likely to be cancelled: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/04/fox-almost-human-is-likely-to-be-canceled/233096/

The Cancellation Bear moved his prediction for Almost Human down to "likely to be canceled". Its 2014 ratings haven't been bad, but the lack of additional episodes ordered, and Bones moving back to Monday at 8pm sends the signal that Almost Human is done. Those claiming it was always intended to be a 13 episode "limited series" like Sleepy Hollow are engaging in delusional revisionist history.

I am deeply hurt that nobody commented on my Escape from New York reference. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you forgot or are too young to remember this scene:

I don't know, but when I saw that wall I had flashbacks of Donald Pleasence (President) spraying Isaac Hayes (The Duke) with an M-16/A-1 and full magazine while yelling, "Ayy! Number Onnee! You're the Duke! You're the Duke!" from the movie Escape from New York. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this show so of course they will cancel it . After all it is Sci-Fi and though I've said it before , I will say it again: Sci Fi doesn't do well on Network tv and it almost always gets quickly cancelled .

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 10

Monday, February 10, 2014

"Perception": The designer drug causes the deaths of two genetically enhanced children; Kennex suffers from painful flashbacks.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 11

Monday, February 17, 2014

"Disrupt": Kennex and Dorian investigate when a smart home turns on its occupants.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 12

Monday, February 24, 2014

"Beholder": The investigation into the murder of a chrome leads Kennex and Dorian to discover the suspect is using his victims' DNA to pursue perfection.

S~

Next Episode: Finale

Monday, March 3, 2014

"Straw Man": A series of murders are committed by someone copying a serial killer who was put in jail by Kennex's father.

S~

More than likely the series finale :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)