Almost Human

I like this show and till the other day I didn't remember that the cop is the same guy that played Dr. McCoy (Bones) in the reboot of Star trek 1 & 2 movies. Now I really like the show. The chemistry and the humor between the two is great and I laugh often. I can't remember a show where I laugh at that much ,except NCIS and Bones on Fox. Not saying this show is of the same caliber ,but it is interesting and the sci-fi tech is cool.

Haven't seen this week yet, but I will be watching some time this week. Sounds funny by what you describe in your "junk"post Dahenny.

I didn't start a timer for this show because I didn't think I would like it. I only recorded the pilot to try it out. I liked the pilot enough to watch the rest of the episodes on fox.com I like the future technology that they try to use on the show and the interaction between the bot cop and the real cop, the synthetic issues and so forth, kind of humorous in a way. Also recognized Minka Kelly from Friday Night Lights which I watched all the way through.

Loved this episode this week ,but I can't get the image out of my mind of the naked android with Ken doll smooth private parts. Creeeeeepppyyyy!

I liked this week's episode. Beginning was hilarious. DRN needs to develop some filters.

S~

I liked this week's episode. Beginning was hilarious. DRN needs to develop some filters.

S~

That is my favorite part about him . He has no filters and says it like it is. I loved the line when the cop says to the android as he pulls out his huge penis, wow does it have to be that big? What do you do with it? The android says back : NOTHING , just like you! HE is funny as hell and often more human than the cop is. I Really love this show! It has really turned out to be a very pleasant surprise and always funny too.:D

That is my favorite part about him . He has no filters and says it like it is. I loved the line when the cop says to the android as he pulls out his huge penis, wow does it have to be that big? What do you do with it? The android says back : NOTHING , just like you! HE is funny as hell and often more human than the cop is. I Really love this show! It has really turned out to be a very pleasant surprise and always funny too.:D

The funny part is that Dorian was actually reaching for his pistol. ;)

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 6

Monday, December 16, 2013

"Arrhythmia": When Kennex and Dorian investigate a strange death at a hospital, they discover a black market for vital organs; Dorian reconnects with a decommissioned DRN.

S~

Finally watched the 12/9 episode, and still have mixed feelings about this. I do really like to two main characters and the sci-fi setting. And it's definitely good enough that I'm four weeks in and still watching what's turned out to be your standard, formulaic procedural cop drama where everything predictably gets wrapped up in a tidy bow at the end of the episode.

But some of the writing. Oh my! Seriously, this guy Ethan Avery has an IQ of 180, has multiple clones at his disposal with equally high IQs, manages to track down witnesses in protective custody, and erase all evidence from the original crime scene, but he can't figure out how to assassinate a lone unarmed man without two witnesses being present. And then the captain sitting there listening to him in prison drone on, psychoanalyzing her. WTF? Who would sit there and listen to that? Why did she even need to be there in the first place? Not to mention, out of nowhere, Dorian becomes the bionic man. Where the heck was that in the previous episodes? Even the characters commented to the effect, "I hadn't seen that before." It's pretty sad that the most believable part of this episode involved someone claiming to be a medium psychic. lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)