Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have a dedicated dish fixed on 87. I've had it mounted on a J-pole with "wings" attached to a board. It was only meant to be a temporary fix; I need to either mount the mast and pole on something that won't warp and rot, or put it on the roof. I'd prefer to keep it close to the ground, but I don't have room for another non-penetrating mount. Any ideas/suggestions?

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

My idea would be to get a longer pole and mount the 90cm on the bottom. Do you still have issues with 125w with the other dish?

Do you still have issues with 125w with the other dish?

Yeah, I gave up. I think the dish is just too small for the DVB-S2. I put 103 on the roof dish (stronger satellite). I also have 95 on a retrofit 1000.2, 87 on a 76cm, and 91, 99 and 105 on the 90cm.

Speaking of DVB-S2 woes, that Infowars channel on 99 is hard to pin down as well, and I get choppiness on it. That’s with the 90cm.

plan A- Drill and bolt pole direct to the concrete (sidewalk?)
Plan B -Find the biggest (heaviest) concrete patio block(s) and bolt the dish (J-pole) directly to that. That way you are not drilling into the sidewalk and you can move it if you have to. Think I have seen 36X36X1.5", should be more than enough to hold a 36" dish as long as the pole isn't too high.

I don't think the cement panel in the link above would hold much.

Hardware stores often have kits with a cement drill bit and bolts. 1/4" should be fine for a small dish. Might require a hammer drill though.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts