Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Anyone else having problems with the locals pausing for a couple of seconds? Keeps doing it It's been at least doing this since 4 pm est. I'm watching WJAC (NBC) and my Aunt is watching WTAJ (CBS)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I do believe I recall one of my family members make mention of WTAJ "acting weird" earlier. That must have been what they were referring to.

Dan

Are these being delivered to you from D*, do you have OTA options, if so, try that route for a bit, this will determine if it's a D* issue or one at the source.

The problem seems to be fixed. I get them from D* so I'm guessing it was a problem with an uplink center. I always ask because when problems happen I get nervous that it's my setup. My wife wanted to stay with E* so anytime we loose signal (not weather) she'll always like yeah this is so much better than E*.

Altoona in the house I see.... :D

Anyway, the only issue I have is with Fox, it seems to be the lowest quality HD I have ever seen in my life. In fact sometimes I am convinced it isn't HD at all. Sports seem to be fine, the Steeler game last week looked good, but then we record shows like House, Terra Nova, etc, and the quality is not very good.

Am I just seeing things?

It has to be WWCP Fox TV8 problem. I had the same problems when I had Dish Network. So since Direct and Dish customers are seeing this it has to be their feed. I even tried calling them to complain but they never answered the phone and never returned messages I left on their voicemail. So I think they're aware of it but don't care to fix it.

I wish Cable and Satellite had the same rules. Atlantic Broadband our local cable company carries not only Altoona/Johnstown Locals but they also carry KDKA and WTAE part time. When the good shows are on they're blacked out so we have to watch them on our local channels. Sometimes they have better coverage of Pirates/Steelers then our locals do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)