Am-21 Tuner and H-21/H-23 HD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
None of these posts address the desire on the part of many users to have an integrated UI for local and Pay channels simply for the ease of use. I would vote for a product every time that allows the integration of an OTA receiver with the Sat Receiver.

Post #13 by aa9vi addressed the integrated guide issue:

Why an ATSC tuner is a good idea:
1. ...
2. ...
3. Guide scrolling. Easy to navigate between channels when they're all integrated into one system. Switching between TV inputs is a pain most people won't deal with.

If this is nitpicking, well so is digging up a year-old thread. Anyway, the AM21 DOES work with the H21/23 receivers on the current NR software, which may not have been true when this thread was started...

Why an ATSC tuner is a good idea:
1. subchannels. D* doesn't have the bandwidth to put the subchannels on the satellite. Subchannels are especially important in smaller markets that carry multiple network feeds. Some towns have FOX and MY TV (or ABC and FOX) on the same ATSC channel, just different subchannel.
2. Weather. snow and thunderstorms knock out the satellite feed. Nice to have OTA feeds with an antenna
3. Guide scrolling. Easy to navigate between channels when they're all integrated into one system. Switching between TV inputs is a pain most people won't deal with.
4. Picture quality. less compression on OTA
5. LIN and other mercenaries are holding D* viewers hostage with excessive carry costs. If you have an OTA option in the guide, you can get the station without worrying about the latest carriage agreement.
6. Dish Network has OTA compatibility either built in or as an accessory. D* needs to remain competetive.
7. PBS HD. D* does not carry it right now. PBS also has multiple subchannels. D* will never carry all of this. You need OTA to get it.

that's a start...

No one should expect D* to put up your OTA antenna. But, we should continue to plead for an integrated ATSC tuner or at least the AM21 to be compatible with all receivers and DVRs. Frankly, I'm getting tired of making this point 1,000 times. D* is not responsive enough to the consumer and that looks bad.

Excellent post :up

Thank you,
I feel the same way with all of this. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts