AM21 Hiding Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get 5.6 THIS in my AM21, but it is a very unique way that probably won't work for anybody in the Twin Cities. I live 58 miles from the Shoreview towers. I live 41 miles from the Mankato/ST James towers. The Mankato tower broadcasts repeater stations of the Twin Cities stations. KSTC 5.6 is broadcast on RF45 out of the Twin Cities. Mankato broadcasts KSTC 5.6 on RF44. The AM21 database has NO MATCH for a 5.6 or a .6 RF45 channel. BUT, 52.6 RF44 WKON out of Cinncinati OH matches the .6 RF44 of the repeater station out of Mankato, which my antenna receives about 80% of the time. So by running Cinn. OH (45201) as a secondary zip code my AM21 will put 5.6 WKON in my DVR. This is contingent upon the channel (KSTC 5.6 RF44 out of Mankato tower) being received at the time the AM21 scans for its channels. It works and gives me 5.6 THIS in my DVR. The guide is wrong, but I can configure to get the THIS guide in my DVR albeit on a different channel. Like I stated before 5.3, 11.3, 23.3 are available in the Twin Cities with an AM21, with the right guides by using Weslaco TX (78520), Little Rock AR (72201), and Atlanta GA (30301) as secondary zip codes, I use Cinn. also to get 5.6 THIS. But I'm sure that won't work in the Twin Cities area, as you can't receive the transmissions from the Mankato tower

Got it. Well, thanks anyway. I'm in the East metro so that certainly would not be the right fit for my situation. Thrilled that I get 5.3, 11.3, and 23.3 now though! Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)