AM21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
My dish was filled with snow this morning, so no sweat -- I'll just watch locals via my AM21. Isn't that one of the good things about it? If you lose satellite signal you can still watch your locals via the AM21. Well, since there was no signal on Sat 1&2, it wouldn't even tune to an OTA channel. I just kept getting the instruction page on what to do to try and resolve the "no satellite signal" issue.

Any thoughts?

This is why I still keep at least basic cable - money spent that would be going to more services on Direct. But you have to consider what happens during an emergency and you need news when something has affected your satellite signal... IMHO Directv has made a big mistake making you have a good satellite signal to use the OTA tuners.

Well Gov't converter box coupons take $40 off the price of a converter box so your final cost is $0-20. If you already have a TV antenna for the AM21 all you need to do is connect it to the converter box no D* signal needed and free is cheaper than basic cable.

Correct me if I'm wrong - Aren't the goverment coupons are only issued to people who only get their TV via an antenna? If the TV you want to use a converter box with also subscribes to satellite or cable, you do not qualify.

This is why I still keep at least basic cable - money spent that would be going to more services on Direct. But you have to consider what happens during an emergency and you need news when something has affected your satellite signal... IMHO Directv has made a big mistake making you have a good satellite signal to use the OTA tuners.
I totally agree! I also keep basic cable for this reason! Directv needs to allow over the air no matter what!!

Correct me if I'm wrong - Aren't the goverment coupons are only issued to people who only get their TV via an antenna? If the TV you want to use a converter box with also subscribes to satellite or cable, you do not qualify.
Digital conversion coupons are free to anyone who wants to apply for them until the supply runs out. You may have to learn to say no to qualify but there is no penalties for spending the Gov't money allocated to this program while saving yours.:):):)

... IMHO Directv has made a big mistake making you have a good satellite signal to use the OTA tuners.
That and the fact that it doesn't actually tune in what's out there -- just what's in D*'s database.

Getting the locals OTA (by other means) isn't any kind of an issue per se. It's just a hassle for my wife when I'm not home and we lose signal.

Just a note on the coupons,

Last time I checked the AM21 was not on the list of approved list of coupon acceptable tuners.
Has anyone suggested the AN21 was coupon eligible, the converter has only been suggested as an alternate to needing a D* signal.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)