Amazon Echo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I really believe they are releasing this very slowly. to sort out the bugs (although mine has not had any issues), but their marking plan is a bit strange.

If anyone doesn't want theirs then I'll buy it off of them. I submitted my request months and months ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Just just looked at my order and it says...
Estimated delivery date: Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I thought I was going to get home from CES and have a new toy to play with. :D

got mine today, doubt if i will use because i know if it will understand me, but if i sign up for prime free trial? do i get Echo for $99?

got mine today, doubt if i will use because i know if it will understand me, but if i sign up for prime free trial? do i get Echo for $99?

Yes ,though I would question if a trial member would get the invite.
We actually have gotten 3 invites. The wife missed the first 2 since our Amazon account is linked to her email and she gets so many Amazon emails confirming our purchases that she never opens them. So with the last one I requested the invite on Saturday 1/3 and just checked the echo website each day and Tuesday 1/6 the purchase button was active. It will be delivered next week 1/19. I chose no rush to get the $1 music/movie credit.

I don't care about having it for the wireless speaker. I wanted it solely for the anticipation that there will be firmware upgrades that allow me to integrate its voice control into my home automation systems. " Hey Alexa, turn the living room lights on at 50%" , is so much more convenient ,than actually having to tap a button on a phone.

I do agree we need the wake up word to be something other than Amazon or Alexa

So can you reliably say something like "Alexa, set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. Monday thru Friday and play Moody Blues music for the alarm, fading in slowly" or "Alexa what is the weather like now and today's forecast?"

Or does the alarm just ring an alarm, no fading in music?

No problem with both my wife and I speaking commands? IOW, it can learn more than one voice?

So can you reliably say something like "Alexa, set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. Monday thru Friday and play Moody Blues music for the alarm, fading in slowly" or "Alexa what is the weather like now and today's forecast?"

Or does the alarm just ring an alarm, no fading in music?

No problem with both my wife and I speaking commands? IOW, it can learn more than one voice?

Right now, it does not let you play music for an alarm. But you can set an alarm just with words like that. You can also ask it for the weather just like you did. And it is not programmed to your voice. Anyone can ask it a question. It learns and improves over time.

You know you want it. Hit the trigger. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts