Amazon Echo

Yes, you can set multiple alarms, and control them via the Echo app as well as with voice commands. You can also set timers. And add things to to-do lists that appear in the echo app.

The Echo is still fairly basic in what it does, but I fully expect its capabilities to expand dramatically over time.

Right now, it does not let you play music for an alarm. But you can set an alarm just with words like that. You can also ask it for the weather just like you did. And it is not programmed to your voice. Anyone can ask it a question. It learns and improves over time.

You know you want it. Hit the trigger. :)
Ah, the heck with it. Done. $104.94, with tax.
Estimated delivery: May 26, 2015 - July 1, 2015

I guess it's selling well.

Ah, the heck with it. Done. $104.94, with tax.
Estimated delivery: May 26, 2015 - July 1, 2015

By the time you get it, it will probably have a lot more features! :)

I can't believe how slow they are with the delivery dates. Either the demand is incredible, or they are really producing a small amount.

Reactions: navychop
One more: can you ask if an alarm is already set?

Yes. I just tried, and it worked perfectly. I said, "Alexa set alarm for 7:50am." She set it. Then I said "Alexa when is the next alarm set for?" And she told me. Then I said "Alexa cancel alarm" (and she cancelled the alarm).

Reactions: navychop
Or more seriously, spend a couple hours scouring through Amazon Prime Music adding music to your library, so you have a lot of listening options.

I ordered mine when I got the invitation late December. Mine was supposed to be shipped on February 11, but I got it yesterday. I haven't had much time to play around with it, but it will be handy for those times when I don't have my reading glasses on and can't see a clock or want just the day's weather in the morning. I also started a shopping list and set a couple of timers.

Many people in their reviews say the sound for music is really good, of course not comparable with music system with sub-woofer, but excellent otherwise. Looking forward to trying "prime music" but I won't want as much current stuff. Hope I can ask for the "oldies." haha

I'd love to hear plenty of reports, so I can decide whether to keep the order open.

From Amazon today:
Dear Amazon Customer,

We hope you're enjoying Echo. We're working hard to add many of the features you've asked for, and we would like to update you on two new features.

Voice control for Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora: You can now enjoy hands-free voice control for these popular music services. To get started, simply connect your phone or tablet to Echo by saying "Alexa, pair my device." After you start playing your music, you can easily control it by saying the wake word and: play, pause, stop, next, or previous.

Simon Says: You've likely heard some of Echo's jokes—now there's another way to have fun with Echo. You can get Echo to repeat whatever you have in mind by starting with "Alexa, Simon says…" Here's a fun tip: you can covertly use the remote control from another room to get Echo to repeat what you say and surprise your family.

In addition to these new features, we've made numerous improvements based on your feedback. We have increased response speed and accuracy for many of your questions, expanded coverage of facts from Wikipedia, and added new spelling words and definitions. The companion app is now available on iOS and Android 5.0+, and you can now use the app to bulk delete items from your to-do and shopping lists. And we are just getting started.

Thanks for your feedback so far, it’s been immensely helpful. Keep sharing your thoughts on what else we can do to make Echo even better—you can always provide feedback through the Echo app.

The Amazon Echo Team

Note: The iTunes feature, as with any of the bluetooth connections requires you to start the media on the device, and then you can pause, resume advance to the next song by voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts