Amazon Echo

Well, it got "interesting" last night around midnight. Series of loud clicks. I thought a fan blade had come loose and was hitting the light, so I turned it off. Then realized the on and off clicking was from Alexa, who was not helpful in killing the noise.

Anyone else experience something like this?

No. You weren't having some power fluctuations were you? But usually when that happens it doesn't click, but reboots, and then makes its welcome noise.

It hasn't happened again.

I notice she does not always catch "Alexa, silence" but ALWAYS understands "Alexa, shut up."

It's growing on me. I tell her/it to give me the weather, or news (Flash Briefing, set up for NPR news, BBC news and the NPR technology podcast), while I get dressed in the morning.

Echo now plays Audible titles. I tried it out, "Alexa play my book Finders Keepers" and it cued up just where I was when I left it on my iphone. Very nice. Streaming Audible books.

This device gains more and more features every month.

OH, and I have never told her to shut up, but I regularly just say Alexa pause.

Reactions: meStevo
I've learned "Alexa stop" works just fine, so I don't need to tell her to shut up anymore.

Welp, I am liking it so far but the wife must not pronounce her words very well because not work for her as well. Found it unplugged when I got home yesterday. She said she got frustrated and just unplugged it. guess better than tossing it outside. :)

I do find myself using the phone app at times to operated it for music instead of "talking" to the speaker.

My first Echo fail in a while. She simply could not understand the Audible title 'Seveneves" - tried numerous ways, and did the same with Neal Stephenson's name. In the end I went to the Echo app and then all was good. I kind of forgot about the app. :)

Almost. My wife and I both commented on how much easier it was to ask for weather, etc than to call it up on iPad, smart phone or TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts