Amazon Echo

Just got echo is portable or does it have to stay pluged in i want to take outside to pool area

Finally picked one up after my BT speaker mysteriously vanished from work. A little trouble connecting to wifi (not Echo's fault). Once up, everything works great. Sounds terrific. Much better than the old speaker. Play music from phone or Amazon prime.

S~

They just added the ability for Alexa to control an Insteon Hub. Linked Alexa to my hub, scanned and Alexa found all my Insteon devices. Control is a little slow but it does work.

The Harmony Hub added Insteon Hub control recently too.

We use ours more and more. As someone above posted if they went on sale for $99 again we might buy a second but one is fine.

Reactions: navychop
So now that Amazon is running commercials for the Echo, has anyone's Echo responded to the "Alexa, read me the news" or "Alexa, how far is Pluto?" commands on the TV?

So now that Amazon is running commercials for the Echo, has anyone's Echo responded to the "Alexa, read me the news" or "Alexa, how far is Pluto?" commands?

Haven't seen the commercial yet but I have seen it wake up to the name Alexa on TV.

Yes, talked about on the Amazon customer discussion site. Most of us find it amusing, it mostly happens if Alexa is right near the TV. We use the Echo often, I'm not sure it will be $99 again for awhile.
There is some show my wife watches, could be a soap opera where the person's name is Alexa and the Echo does respond waiting for a command.

Amazon introduced the Echo Dot, a much smaller version of the echo, with the same voice commands, but a smaller speaker, and it can be added to your existing echo setup. $89. It has a connector to tie into an external speaker if desired. You can only order if if you have an Echo, and have to order it through the Echo "Amazon order an Echo Dot." Ships in April.

Yeah, I ordered it. I'll put the dot in my bedroom.

Amazon introduced the Echo Dot, a much smaller version of the echo, with the same voice commands, but a smaller speaker, and it can be added to your existing echo setup. $89. It has a connector to tie into an external speaker if desired. You can only order if if you have an Echo, and have to order it through the Echo "Amazon order an Echo Dot." Ships in April.

Yeah, I ordered it. I'll put the dot in my bedroom.
Yep, ordered one, Alexa says it will shipped by April 5th....

I only skimmed thru the offer but I "think" some of the processing is done by the Echo. I might consider the dot for the kitchen or LR. Probably not. Need to learn more.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)