"Amazon may enter tablet fray in second half of 2011"

diogen said:
I dont care about closed ecosystems like Amazon and Apple.
If it works as a generic Android tablet and is $199 it will replace the Nook.

If the PlayBook doesnt do it before that: same price, better specs.
And available in Canada... :)

Diogen.

Ha. Hack all you want. A turd is a turd. I should say, a SLOW turd is a SLOW turd.:)

diogen said:
Have you seen Android run on it?
Oh, sorry, Apple users just yap to Siri and take what it says as gospel...

Never mind.

Diogen.

No we Apple users are begging and hoping for Flash to come to our tablets just like the Droids. Oh wait............

As an FYI, overnight the Nook Tablet has been rooted. Keep in mind its official launch was 11/18, although they were being sold early (Wednesday I think) at the B&N stores.

The bootloader is still locked.
Just like some of the Moto handsets.

This round goes to Fire.
And I suspect not by accident.

Diogen.

The bootloader is still locked.
Just like some of the Moto handsets.

This round goes to Fire.
And I suspect not by accident.

Diogen.

the bootloader is locked for now ... whether or not it stays locked is another story. it's very early in the game though.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

The hacker community will get a cheap generic 7" tablet, and the vast majority of folks will have a very slick Amazon Prime device that works very well. Works for me.

For what it is, I am impressed with the Kindle Fire. It is a little heavy for its size. My dad bought my niece one last night for Christmas. I went over to set it up so they could then wrap it and needless to say they went back and bought 3 more this morning for my other niece and 2 nephews.

For what it is, I am impressed with the Kindle Fire. It is a little heavy for its size. My dad bought my niece one last night for Christmas. I went over to set it up so they could then wrap it and needless to say they went back and bought 3 more this morning for my other niece and 2 nephews.

My first thought was that it was heavy too. Having owned an original Galaxy Tab, I immediately made comparisons and the thing felt like a brick.

But when I played with it, I was really impressed. Just a very nice feel to it. IF I didn't have an iPad, it would definitely be on my list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)