AMC 1-Ku on a 90cm?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Are the NBC's on AMC 1-Ku impossible to get in on a 90cm using a Spitfire Elite? I'm -26 off on the skew and can get the north and south pier solid, but can't lock on the NBC's. I get them on my 10 foot dish with the skew set at zero, so I thought I would get them on a 90cm with the skew set properly. Any suggestion, or is the dish too small? Location is Wisconsin. Thanks.

I havent tried recently but could get the NBC stuff on a 76cm dish

make sure its skewed properly.....26 skew opposite of what it normally would be so for me in Minneapolis its -16 for the skew to set it at
The vertical side of that satellite is real easy to get those TP's (the pier) but horizontal side is harder because the power on those transponders is lower than normal. Its not like a NBC affiliate is using a 90cm dish to pick them up ;)

using my meter I can get bursts of full signal strength on the NBC transponders, but they drop to Zero and back up to full signal in seconds. Can't lock and keep them locked.

Are the NBC's on AMC 1-Ku impossible to get in on a 90cm using a Spitfire Elite? I'm -26 off on the skew and can get the north and south pier solid, but can't lock on the NBC's..

Warped reflector?

It is said that the Spitfire feedhorn is too short for some installs to optimize the FD. Have you tried a different LNBF?

using my meter I can get bursts of full signal strength on the NBC transponders, but they drop to Zero and back up to full signal in seconds. Can't lock and keep them locked.

Could be a threshold signal. Poor quality LNBF? Drifting LO? Tweak the frequency? Tweak the Symbol Rate?

It's a GeoSat Pro Brian. No I have not tried a different LNBF, but I know this one is good. I just bought the dish from you and got it on Tuesday. I have a few other LNBF's I could try. I didn't try the bullet, because it's the funniest looking LNBF I have ever seen. Thanks for the help. And the meter is a DVB-S2 meter Iceberg, the one I won from SatelliteAv. It works good by the way. Thanks again.

90cm dish come in fine for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)