AMC 14 launch tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
This is public knowledge, so it should be posted here, I do believe.
Found linked from the SES Americom site.

Who, by the way, seems to be one of our new advertizers.
Who'd 've thought... a satellite company advertizing on a SatelliteGuys forum... - :up

SES-AMERICOM's AMC-14 launches from Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan aboard a Proton M rocket on Friday night.
Local time for the launch is 5:18 a.m. on Saturday 15 March 2008 -- or 23:18 GMT on Friday the 14th of March.
What that means is you can watch the launch live in the United States -- but if you're on the East Coast, you may wish to start feeding the kids at 6 o'clock.
The live webstream will be available here, or watch on on C-band: AMC-1, transponder C17, 4040 Horiz., NTSC, analog, in the clear or on DISH channel 101.
See first link at top of this post for full info.

Guess I'm just a day late and a dollar short. - :D

And no, I don't read the front page, I keep my nose in the FTA section almost exclusively.
If it hadn't been for the crawler on every forum page, I wouldn't have known the status of the new server, either.

For those of you who don't read the front page or have not checked the launch website ILS Launch : BREAKING NEWS!!!! Preliminary flight information indicates that the anomaly occurred during the second burn of the Breeze M upper stage. The satellite failed to reach the planned orbit.

Click here for more information.

This was broken for me...

The basic idea is that AMC-14 didn't make it to orbit. A sad day indeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts