AMC-16 @ 85W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Day (2) nothing on this bird. Not even the Echostar ID channel. Can someone please verify 85W. Nothing found on blind scan. Thanks.

I'll look later, but in my notes I have this from last July, so it may be gone.

07/06/2015 16:19:26:02600
Date Filed:

SES Americom, Inc./EchoStar Satellite Operating Corporation EchoStar Satellite Operating Corporation (EchoStar) seeks to modify the authorization for the AMC-16 space station to permit repointing of the space station's Ku-band beams toward South America. AMC-16 is operating at the 85° W.L. orbital location in the 11.7-12.2 GHz (space-to-Earth), 14.0-14.5 GHz (Earth-to-space), 18.6-18.8 GHz (space-to-Earth), 19.7-20.2 GHz (space-to-Earth), 28.4-28.6 GHz (Earth-to-space), and 29.5-30.0 GHz (Earth-to-space) frequency bands.

I had just noticed this myself. Satsignature.com still shows something on the horizontal side, but other than that there's been nothing, which is unusual. Even more interesting, the EchoStar fleet website no longer lists AMC-16 (or anything at 85°W).

It was mentioned over at Rick's site that last October Echostar withdrew their application to point AMC 16 towards South America. So I don't know what is going on.

I haven't looked, but I assume the beacons are still there, as there is still a signal at 11,820 H 30,000. I think it is 32APSK. Pretty unusual to only see one signal on the spectrum of a satellite.

Reactions: Titanium
so there are no lit transponders for 2 days on a satellite that when I had FTA there would be times where that happened and you guys think the sky is falling?

The sky's not falling, but this satellite is never dark. Either the test card is up, or a some sports event. Never dark.....until now!

The sky's not falling, but this satellite is never dark. Either the test card is up, or a some sports event. Never dark.....until now!
There have been plenty of times the test card wasnt up nor were any other feeds when I had FTA. I bet if you searched the forums you'll see the same thing being asked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)