Status
Please reply by conversation.
depends

Montana PBS, V-Me, PBS World & Create are in SD so any receiver works
PBS E&W are in HD so you need a HD receiver

depends

i was out of the loop for a while iceberg im not shore if that sattelite is listed on my coolsat6000 i got to check . and was wondering if its hard to pick up here in newfoundland and what size dishdo you think i need ?:(

looks to be hot or the footprint does just wondering what size of dish would i need ? im thinking a 39 inch or bigger a 48 inch . i do have the 39inch. just wondering what the old name would be for amc21 on the coolsat 6000?

Last edited:
I'd just use the 39". That's what I'm using here and it works fine.

There is no old name for AMC21 as it's a new satellite. You'll have to add the satellite in your receiver. I believe that's done in the Dish Setup menu.

depends

Iceberg, isn't there a Louisiana PBS MUX on there too? I don't have an HD receiver so I cannot confirm.

I'm in Halifax. I'm heading your direction on the 29th of June. Taking the Vision over. Gotta leave at 3:30am to get to the terminal in North Sydney by 9am. Ugh.:)
comming to the rock ,hope you have a good visit .where are you going ? i guess its possible i might get a 39inch dish to work here? i would love get my hands on 1.2 m dish ? i maby going to try and get 1 from hobby corner sattelite up your whey. shipping a large dish is costly . :(

Wife's family is in CBS/Mount Pearl/St. John's. We'll be there for a couple of weeks. Hoping to get some capelin if they're in while I'm there. Damn near froze my nuts off wading in the water with the net in hand last time I did that about ten years ago.

We drove over last summer for the first time. I loved the drive, especially along the west coast. Kids really enjoyed the ferry ride. Wife and I didn't enjoy getting them to bed in PAB at 11:30pm though. Can't wait to do it again. At least this time we'll get to the island at suppertime, this time around.

But back to the problem at hand. You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a 39" to work. It gets everything I want, on Ku at least. And you're not that much further east.

I've tried to deal with Hobby Corner but I could never, ever, get a quote out of them. They'd never return calls either. I've been to their place. Lots of dishes laying around and lots of receivers on the shelves so they're paying the bills with something. Just didn't seem interested in my money, when I had it. They knew that I was in touch with Fortec about a particular dish and that I knew they could get one from Fortec for me. They also knew that I could get the dish myself directly from Fortec. I'd rather have dealt with them. But then I found a free BUD. It all kinda became moot.

Wife's family is in CBS/Mount Pearl/St. John's. We'll be there for a couple of weeks. Hoping to get some capelin if they're in while I'm there. Damn near froze my nuts off wading in the water with the net in hand last time I did that about ten years ago.

We drove over last summer for the first time. I loved the drive, especially along the west coast. Kids really enjoyed the ferry ride. Wife and I didn't enjoy getting them to bed in PAB at 11:30pm though. Can't wait to do it again. At least this time we'll get to the island at suppertime, this time around.

But back to the problem at hand. You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a 39" to work. It gets everything I want, on Ku at least. And you're not that much further east.

I've tried to deal with Hobby Corner but I could never, ever, get a quote out of them. They'd never return calls either. I've been to their place. Lots of dishes laying around and lots of receivers on the shelves so they're paying the bills with something. Just didn't seem interested in my money, when I had it. They knew that I was in touch with Fortec about a particular dish and that I knew they could get one from Fortec for me. They also knew that I could get the dish myself directly from Fortec. I'd rather have dealt with them. But then I found a free BUD. It all kinda became moot.
i bought a lmb bracket for my 1 meter dish on monday and got it today .it for a std lmbf ffits perfectly want it either for amc9 or the pbs sattelite. CBS/Mount Pearl i like those places but i not fussy for st johns. i get the impression from some of them nothing west of them exists ,lol. just a couple though .back to hobby sat again i talk to them alot on msn chat alot ,do get alot of quotes that whey .but they are out alot on work asignments to . installing stuff c-band and like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)