AMC 21 on DVBLink

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GenBap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I am using DVBLink TV Source software to view my satellite programming through Windows Media Center 7. I have been successful, after much effort, to get everything working on all the satellites I want to view except AMC21 and its PBS channels. Based on the DVBLink forum I am not alone with this problem.

The software shows a signal but will not tune channels on AMC21. My question is whether or not someone here has this working with AMC21 and if so how?

Thanks.TV

After working to get 4 satellites off the old dish I bought on craigslist and a WorldDVB 2006 PCIe I bought refurbished from Sadoun on Ebay, I decided to spend some real money and get DVBLink TV Source. I finally got some help from Oberon over on the DVB Link forum to get the diseqc working and I now have channels in my Windows Media Center guide from AMC9, Galaxy 19, and SES1. For now I have given up on AMC21 since I can receive it on all my receivers, the bundled PCIe card software but not in DVBLink. The DVBLink forum indicates I am not alone with that problem. I was really only getting one PBS channel I watched (Create) since VeMe and PBS World did not have much interest for me. I was using a separate old dish 500 for AMC 21 and did not receive any other of the channels on that satellite. Anyway I decided to aim that 4th lnb at Galaxy 28. Picked it up quickly and it incorporated well into my DVBLink setup so I am not getting ABC News Now which I like so far.

The ideas of a multiple lnb dish, the difference between standard and universal lnbs, and many other ideas all came from here. I would still like to get the PBS channels and will keep reading here and at the DVBLink forum for a solution or perhaps just run a separate line to my Coolsat receiver.

Now I am considering a C-band dish for MeTV, ThisTV and others at 87W but fear trying to add a 8x1 diseqc switch considering the trouble I had getting a 4x1 switch going with DVBLink. And after reading Dee Ann's woes it does cause one to think twice.:rolleyes:

I am back to attempting to get the channels on AMC 21. Here is my attempt to manually add the channels to the tvsourcesettings.xml. I realize that you may not use dvblink or dvb source but perhaps you can see the problem with my entries as I cannot get them to work. DVBSource shows a signal on transponder I want (12180) but will not tune the channels so I tried to add them.

OK, here is my latest attempt to manually add these files. Still not working though.

<Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>12</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 12</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel><Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>13</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 13</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel><Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>14</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 14</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel>

I have tried a couple of numbers in FEC but finally decided to put 0. I am unsure about the nid and tid since they are not listed in lyngsat. Sathint has 0,0 so that is what I went with. I really want these three channels so any help would be appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)