AMC 21 on DVBLink

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GenBap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I am using DVBLink TV Source software to view my satellite programming through Windows Media Center 7. I have been successful, after much effort, to get everything working on all the satellites I want to view except AMC21 and its PBS channels. Based on the DVBLink forum I am not alone with this problem.

The software shows a signal but will not tune channels on AMC21. My question is whether or not someone here has this working with AMC21 and if so how?

Thanks.TV

After working to get 4 satellites off the old dish I bought on craigslist and a WorldDVB 2006 PCIe I bought refurbished from Sadoun on Ebay, I decided to spend some real money and get DVBLink TV Source. I finally got some help from Oberon over on the DVB Link forum to get the diseqc working and I now have channels in my Windows Media Center guide from AMC9, Galaxy 19, and SES1. For now I have given up on AMC21 since I can receive it on all my receivers, the bundled PCIe card software but not in DVBLink. The DVBLink forum indicates I am not alone with that problem. I was really only getting one PBS channel I watched (Create) since VeMe and PBS World did not have much interest for me. I was using a separate old dish 500 for AMC 21 and did not receive any other of the channels on that satellite. Anyway I decided to aim that 4th lnb at Galaxy 28. Picked it up quickly and it incorporated well into my DVBLink setup so I am not getting ABC News Now which I like so far.

The ideas of a multiple lnb dish, the difference between standard and universal lnbs, and many other ideas all came from here. I would still like to get the PBS channels and will keep reading here and at the DVBLink forum for a solution or perhaps just run a separate line to my Coolsat receiver.

Now I am considering a C-band dish for MeTV, ThisTV and others at 87W but fear trying to add a 8x1 diseqc switch considering the trouble I had getting a 4x1 switch going with DVBLink. And after reading Dee Ann's woes it does cause one to think twice.:rolleyes:

I am back to attempting to get the channels on AMC 21. Here is my attempt to manually add the channels to the tvsourcesettings.xml. I realize that you may not use dvblink or dvb source but perhaps you can see the problem with my entries as I cannot get them to work. DVBSource shows a signal on transponder I want (12180) but will not tune the channels so I tried to add them.

OK, here is my latest attempt to manually add these files. Still not working though.

<Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>12</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 12</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel><Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>13</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 13</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel><Channel><Diseqc>3</Diseqc><DiseqcRawData></DiseqcRawData><Fec>0</Fec><Freq>12180000</Freq><LNBSel>1</LNBSel><LOF>10600000</LOF><Mod>0</Mod><SR>3000000</SR><Pol>1</Pol><nid>0</nid><tid>0</tid><sid>14</sid><Encrypt>0</Encrypt><Type>1</Type><ChNum>-1</ChNum><ChSubNum>0</ChSubNum><ecm_pid>0</ecm_pid><LOF1>9750000</LOF1><LOF2>10600000</LOF2><LOFSW>11700000</LOFSW><Name>TV 14</Name><Provider>Unknown</Provider></Channel>

I have tried a couple of numbers in FEC but finally decided to put 0. I am unsure about the nid and tid since they are not listed in lyngsat. Sathint has 0,0 so that is what I went with. I really want these three channels so any help would be appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)