AMC 7 Question re Tp 3760.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I scanned in AMC7 OK and thought I'd give AMC8 a shot. I moved to where it should be and scanned. It gave me no TV but about 100 radio stations (plus doubles)! :eek: I didn't test all of them but most, if not all, seem scrambled. I tried it three different times with the same result. What the heck am I getting?

Finally Got some Video on 137.0W:
Thanks Iceberg, Diamond Jim, and Lak7. Well I finally was able to scan in some video channels on 137.0W. I got Program 7 which is a mainly religious channel with Video & Audio @ Tp 3760 25190 H 3/4, and 360 North which is AC3 so I have no audio on it.
program7 has a multitude of things from Alaska

I had 6 additional channels - Program 1 to Program 6 I think they were from Anchorage, and included the Networks, (it was amazing watching the weather forecast from Alaska with the Alaska map on the screen) but these channels only lasted a couple of days and are gone this week!! Would that be considered a WILD Feed?? And is there any way to get them back by rescanning Tp 3760 again?

no. Those are the Anchorage networks for the cable company there (GCI). They are compel encrypted which on most boxes will not show up on a scan. They are scrambled now but once in a while go unencrypted due to a cable headend having issues. GCI is the main cable company there but they have some very remote areas so if a cable headend has issues they don't just jump in a plane and go fix it. They take their time and usually unscramble it during that time

I scanned in AMC7 OK and thought I'd give AMC8 a shot. I moved to where it should be and scanned. It gave me no TV but about 100 radio stations (plus doubles)! :eek: I didn't test all of them but most, if not all, seem scrambled. I tried it three different times with the same result. What the heck am I getting?

AMC8 has a fair amount of radio networks on there but they are all scrambled. They're used for the national radio type things

AMC8 has a fair amount of radio networks on there but they are all scrambled. They're used for the national radio type things

OK, it just surprised me to find that many radio stations and not have any listed for that bird on Lyngsat. :confused:

Most of them dont log on boxes. They use a special box called "Starguide" which has to be authorized

radio stations use them for your syndicated shows. If you live in a major market area there isnt much used but if you have a smaller market they use the starguide stuff ALOT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)