Trying Viewsat HD for S-2 - Suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Cloud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Even though my Viewsat HD won't scan c-band for squat, it is supposed to have s-2.

My Sonicview HD, which will scan c-band and(in my opinion) has a better picture than the Viewsat, I have put on temporary duty for Ku.

I load into the Viewsat the transponders the Sonic has collected on scan, and then I scan the individual transponders. So far that has worked.

But so far, after a week, fiddling with every setting, I still don't get s-2.

What do I have to do to get S-2?

Get a receiver that is known to tune S-2, Diamond9000 for the price is hard to beat.

probably the best you can do is keep e-mail viewsat untill they fix the problem

you can search for a fix but probably 99% of those found in the search won't be what your looking for.

you have the Viewsat 9000 HD or the Viewsat Max HD ? must be the Viewsat Max HD cause the 9000 doesn't say it supports dvb-s2.

so far i don't think there is a receiver out that will blind scan dvb-s2.... all those transponders will have to manually entered. sounds like you have a good option that if you can take the channel list from the sonicview HD and use it in the Viewsat then you would only have to manually enter it once.

picture quality :( that sound bad but its something that needs to be written up in a review type format so others will know about the shortcommings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)