AMC HD and G4 HD not in guide.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I just upgraded to AT200 with HD. I get the SD version of AMC and G4, but no HD at all in the guide. The channel doesn't exist. I have a 61.5/110/119 setup. I was told in a tech chat that since I see 61.5 and that it is dedicated to HD, I should get the channel. The fact that its not even in the guide is strange. He wanted to replace the receiver, but that seems silly since I happens on my 722 and 211K.

ETA: Also I am missing BBCA HD
I thought that at least AMC HD was on 129, and I tried to hint that I needed EA, but he insisted that AMC HD was on 61.5, even after I asked him to check.

Last edited:
Tech chat doesn't know what they're talking about apparently. Anyway, with your setup, you are on a "hybrid" Eastern Arc and Western Arc setup. Sat 61.5W is on Eastern Arc. Sats 110/119 are on Western Arc. You need to either switch to full Eastern Arc, or full Western Arc in order to receive those HD channels. Those two channels are on sat 72.7 for EA and sat 129 for WA.

Western Arc consists of sats 110, 119, and 129. Eastern Arc consists of sats 61.5, 72.7 and 77W.

Your typical choices depending on LOS would be either to point your wing dish currently pointed at 61.5, to 129, getting a 1000.4/1000.5 and setting up Eastern Arc, or getting a 1000.2 and set up Western Arc.

You will either need to call DISH to have a tech come out and do it, or buy your own equipment and/or aim the necessary dish(es) yourself towards the satellites you choose.

Oh and keep in mind if any of your receivers are not ViP receivers, you will need to stay on WA in order for those to work.

So would that explain why I am not seeing the channels in the guide, not even in red? I feel as though I should get the EA install for free since I wasn't told about it.

Yes; if you don't have a dish pointed at the relevant satellite, the missing channels won't show up in the guide at all. I have AT250 + HD for life + Platinum, and I got my hybrid setup (like yours) swapped out for an EA dish at no cost. But I was missing 18 chnanels that I was paying for... Maybe you should send your paycheck ;) to Dish and they'll fix it for free. <-- joke referring to the most recent Charlie Chat.

I knew that was the problem, I just wanted the tech to come to that realization on his own. At the point where he decided I needed new receivers I had to step in and spoon feed him the problem. Even then he said that 61.5 is used for all HD. I think asked him to check what satellite AMCHD was on. He then repeated that 61.5 was used for all HD. Luckily this morning the tech said they would replace the dish for free right away. If I can find the information, why can't someone that actually works at the company find that info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts