AMC6 KU looks a bit empty?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I'm not picking up any of the usual feeds on AMC6 KU, since about last weekend. Tried 2 different dishes but nothing on either one KU. Maintenance or change of policy by NBC?

Guys, your input very helpful. Repointed now coming in strong at 69%. I can tweak it some more.
Now I just have to figure out what kind of creature was heavy enough to swing on my cables and dish to twist the dish about 10 deg off line (it was pretty tight) and snap the connector off my diseqc switch. I could imagine a deer rubbing on the dish to move it but that would not account for the broken diseqc.

Guys, your input very helpful. Repointed now coming in strong at 69%. I can tweak it some more.
Now I just have to figure out what kind of creature was heavy enough to swing on my cables and dish to twist the dish about 10 deg off line (it was pretty tight) and snap the connector off my diseqc switch. I could imagine a deer rubbing on the dish to move it but that would not account for the broken diseqc.

OMG! I was amazed by the thought of this, had to post something :D

How about that deer that you startled that evening? Went off at full speed past the dishes getting caught up in the coax. (ahh - snap!)

We have a group of 5 that wander through the backyard here sometimes, grazing all around the dishes. I've been wondering when that would happen to my switches lol.

It could be a cat-sized critter clambering over my dish support structure. It's an adventure playground for raccoons, fishers, squirrels, mink, ermine and such. My cat is pretty fat and does not climb on the structure very much, but he has the weight if he were to get twisted up in cable and fall to snap a connector. If the angle was right I guess the tug on the cable could also swing the dish since the lnb arm makes a darn good lever.

Last I checked, I was getting upper 70s with my 3ft ring mount dish pointing there fixed for NBC mux.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Me thinks you guys are not reading the entire thread ;).....he got it fixed already.

I dont read old posts in threads :what:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Both dishes needed adjustment. The second dish is mounted on a motor, I don't use it a lot, the board it is bolted to had a screw work loose due to a fair amount of high wind we have had, so it too was not correctly pointed, but only just enough not to find the sat. The motor dish was picking up the strong chinese channels but did not find the NBC mux. May have been that the different centre of gravity on the loose dish made all the difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts