AMC6 OK today?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I haven't noticed any issues with AMC6, however the following post on Satforums might be related to issues above.

http://forums.satforums.com/SatForumMaster/index.php?msg=15862.1

Could you summarize that for me? The forum required registration, and when I did register, I couldn't navigate the site for some reason. The link takes me to the login page even though I tell it to remember that I'm logged in, and I tried looking at the forums myself but every forum link takes me to the same forum. I have no idea what's going on.

After being utterly dead for the past week for me, the goofy thing came back tonight in the middle of a snowstorm. I swear I didn't touch anything. Of course, being an 18" dish, it didn't survive the snowstorm for very long. But at least I know for certain it's not my LNB or cables.

Could you summarize that for me? The forum required registration, and when I did register, I couldn't navigate the site for some reason. The link takes me to the login page even though I tell it to remember that I'm logged in, and I tried looking at the forums myself but every forum link takes me to the same forum. I have no idea what's going on.

It said AMC6 is having solar panel issues and NASA is moving to AMC3 Cband Transponder 15 on 1/16/2010

After being utterly dead for the past week for me, the goofy thing came back tonight in the middle of a snowstorm. I swear I didn't touch anything. Of course, being an 18" dish, it didn't survive the snowstorm for very long. But at least I know for certain it's not my LNB or cables.
Jim,
I do not have a permanent dish set up, I use a motorized 90 cm on a tripod that I carry in and out of the garage and I have a 500 dish that also carry in and out of the garage. 72W is one of my favorite satellites and one of the first one I tune in when I am working around the garage. I usually use the 500 dish, and today the signal on the NBC mux was just at the threshold of my receiver. I did a blind scan and was able to receive 4 feeds with decent SQ. I don’t know what happen to the MSNBC mux all summer long I was getting good SQ at least 10 to 15% above threshold. I have the 500 dish mounted on a lazy susan and I was able to tune 72, 74 and 79 without changing skew or elevation. Now it seems that I have increase the elevation a little through out the day to keep the mux locked in at the receivers’ threshold. If I have time and the weather holds up I am going to change the LNB and realign the 500 dish to see if I can improve the signal quality of the MSNBC mux.

Dose anyone know why the audio is missing on channel one of the nbc mux on amc6? It seems to me I was getting audio on all channels just a few days ago.

Thanks freewave

Nothing on AMC6 NBC mux working here

Now I can believe that satellite is getting weaker, for the first time nothing will lock on my 1m dish. OOPS IM A LIAR-it just popped in and locked.
Raining steady here but until this morning I hadn't seen a time when my 1m wouldn't lock something on that bird. Maybe they'll move everything over to 74!

Question about NBC MUX CH 1

I have all 4 channels on 72W - AMC 6 but lost sound on MUX Channel 1.

Used to have sound on this channel but lost it maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.

All other channels have sound when they have a picture.

Anyone else have this problem?

the uplink for that mux might be in NY or DC and they are getting pounded with snow

noticed signal low today

The mux transponder is very low for me today, hardly even there. Last night it was fine.

Other known active transponders on AMC6 seem to be unaffected.

Maybe the uplink site is snowed in. I haven't been able to get the mux for quite a while now on my undersized dish, but today GBN is also gone. I still seem to be getting an average number of feeds from the usual suspects though.

Has the power level on AMC6 Ku dropped across the board tonight for anyone else? I haven't had the mux for a while on my 18" dish (I really gotta get a bigger 2nd dish, or motorize the 30"), but yesterday and today GBN kept disappearing too. Lots of feeds were still up though. But now tonight I have nothing, no fixed channels, no feeds. I'm only getting a signal strength reading on two frequencies, 11742 and 12195. Both of them show a high quality reading on my Coolsat but no channels will scan in. I tried TSReader on my Twinhan card and the first one shows 3Mbps of null packets and the second one won't lock. I went out and shoved the dish over to 74W and I got ONN and three feeds, so the LNB is fine. Then I put it back to 72W and I still only get the above two signals. I DON'T think they're spurious signals coming from the LNB, the switch, or the receiver, or else they wouldn't show a quality reading, right?

GBN just came back up, pounding in at 91S/78Q. Nothing else yet though.

11890 ----60/92
12053V --73/99 color bars on ch1 &4 nothing on other 2
12144V --90/99 GBN

weather is messing with you Jim

edit: those were on the .90Meter dish just now 11pm C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)