American Idol Elimination Results - Wed Apr 15 2009

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
One time season save* - USED

One time season save is new for Americal Idol this year. Only one time per season can the judges save a contestant and the decision must be unanimous.

Results for April 15, 2009 - Aired 9 PM to 10 PM on FOX

After over 36 million votes ....

Contestants in bottom three :

(1) A N O O P - D e s a i
(2) L I L - R o u n d s
(3) M A T T - G i r a u d

Contestant leaving us tonight :

*NOBODY* - Save was used on Matt Giraud tonight.

Matt's Save - "American Idol" judges spare finalist Matt Giraud

Contestants Remaining on the show :

(1) A L L I S O N - I r a h e t a
(2) A D A M - L a m b e r t
(3) K R I S - A l l e n
(4) D A N N Y - G o k e y
(5) A N O O P - D e s a i
(6) L I L - R o u n d s
(7) M A T T - G i r a u d

The judges on Tuesday night also had another Idol first. Since the previous week had a runover by ten minutes which made a lot of people mad, they decided that only two judges of the four would take turns to judge each contestant. Some of them voiced their opinion Wednesday night that did not get a chance to do so on Tuesday night as the results for them were presented.

TWO PEOPLE go home next week instead of one as a result of Matt being saved. Next week is disco week. Wouldn't it be funny if Matt is one of the two that goes home? I don't think he should have been saved.

The save was used prematurely. I liked all the folks there, but Simon was correct. There is no way in hell he is going to win the competition. This is what the save was for... to keep some one who has a chance to win the competition like Adam (my pick for the winner though I do not like his "rocker" style I cannot deny that he has the best vocals in the group) from being eliminated due to fan apathy.

See ya
Tony

I don't get why Simon saved his butt since there was no way of him winning the competition and him making that comment about it. I am shocked that they used it already. I think they wanted to make it unpredictable as to when they were going to use it and figured that Matt would just get eliminated next week anyways.

When a show starts making changes they sometimes do this to get extra ratings. It reminds me of some changes that Deal or No Deal made to get more viewers and now they are in syndication instead of on NBC. Did their ratings drop quite a bit there in the end or something? I figured the end was near for them being on NBC when they had to put several million dollar amounts on the board several times.

Simon didn't want to save him but it was 3 against one........if you look at the top 7 only one of them looks very marketable already and has since day 1........Kris Allen he already has the cd cover, magazine and tv chops. My wife thinks Danny is going to win which wouldn't be bad because he is very talented the final 3 will be Danny, Kris and Adam

For those who want to check out some of Simon Cowell's work look up these artist

Westlife (Simon's #1 group...14 UK #1's in 10 years)
Five
Will Young (Pop Idol winner)
Gareth Gates (Pop Idol Runner-Up)
Darius Danesh but goes by Darius (this was Simon's favorite on pop Idol)

Other Idols from around the world worth checking out
Shannon Noll (Australian Idol Runner-Up....but has outsold any Idol there)
Heinz Winckler (South African Idol winner)
Alexander Klaws (German Idol winner)
Rob Mills (Australian Idol top 5)

Last edited by a moderator:
They also only had two more weeks to exercise that save. I am pretty sure the option evaporated at the final four. I still think it was a bad choice but it's done.

See ya
Tony

I think they should have waited perhaps to the last week in case Allison would get put onto the chopping block.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)