American Sports Network launches 24/7 broadcast network on January 11th

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
http://americansportsnet.com/asn-launches-247-broadcast-network-on-monday/

Monday, Jan. 11 will be a historic day in sports television as American Sports Network launches a new, 24/7 sports network in 10 cities. Broadcasting over the air in 10 markets — Baltimore; Charleston, W.Va.; Cincinnati; Columbus, Ohio; Greensboro, N.C.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Nashville; Pittsburgh; Portland, Maine; and Raleigh-Durham, N.C — the new network will highlight your favorite conferences and leagues.

When viewers tune in at 5 a.m. ET in these cities, they will be treated to the “Atlantic 10 Spotlight,” a show focused on the exploits and achievements of student-athletes in A10 affiliated schools.

The centerpiece of the new network will be live sports programming, with 16 live games in the first week — 12 men’s basketball games, two women’s basketball games and two hockey games.

More cities will be added soon.

Where to find the network on Monday:

• Baltimore: WUTB-3
  • Charleston-Huntington, W.Va.: WVAH-2
  • Cincinnati: WKRC-3
  • Columbus: WTTE-3
  • Greensboro-High Point-Winston, N.C.: WXLV-2
  • Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.: WWMB-3
  • Nashville: WNAB-2
  • Pittsburgh: WPNT-2
  • Portland-Auburn, Maine: WGME-3
  • Raleigh-Durham, N.C.: WLFL-2

American Sports Network is a Sinclair owned venture....so before someone asks "when will this be in my market?"

The answer is.....Sinclair markets will get it first (in some cases above it is replacing existing nets like GetTV)

Baltimore: WUTB-3

replaces GetTV

Charleston-Huntington, W.Va.: WVAH-2

replaces Zuus Country
Cincinnati: WKRC-3
new station
Columbus: WTTE-3
new station
Greensboro-High Point-Winston, N.C.: WXLV-2
Bye Bye Zuus
Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.: WWMB-3
new station...actually owned by HSH but run by Sinclair
Nashville: WNAB-2
Zuus el gone-o
Pittsburgh: WPNT-2
new station
Portland-Auburn, Maine: WGME-3
new station
Raleigh-Durham, N.C.: WLFL-2
see ya bye Zuus

I wouldn't doubt this replacing GetTV on WTTO, it moved to 21.4 from 21.2 when AntennaTV launched. I suppose they could put it on WABM, but it is probably maxed out with WABM in 720p on .1, and WBMA in 720p on .2. They also have "ABC 33/40 James Spann Weather" on .3, I suppose they could replace that, but I don't really see that happening, Spann is the #1 broadcast meteorologist in the market, and a lot of the reason for their success in running 2nd in many time slots in local news.

Ice, it shows a group of Louisiana Stations as affiliates to ASN but I didn't see anything on rabbit ears saying it's launching. I figured that was just for the pre empted schedule for the games only.

Ice, it shows a group of Louisiana Stations as affiliates to ASN but I didn't see anything on rabbit ears saying it's launching. I figured that was just for the pre empted schedule for the games only.

correct. This wont be 24/7 across the board. There are affiliates that are non Sinclair owned stations that carry games on a as warranted basis (games of local interest)
Minneapolis they were pre-empting GetTv for ASN games but then in October moved it to Grit. Now with b-ball they rarely show a game (which is odd)

The Sinclair owned stations (if space available) will get the 24/7 net. Others will just be ASN affiliates for games only

I wonder what their schedule will be like?
I understand live games but what are they going to fill the rest with? Replays?

Ice, It looks like a fair amount of replays from the schedule I saw. I think Friday night had some live college hockey though. As of Monday I'll have 64 channels OTA. Should be something to watch lol

KTUL was updating the schedule when ASN or the local minor league games would interrupt RTV programming, but since Christmas when they changed the listings for AntennaTv, they haven't updated the guide so I have no clue when sports may be on. The first night of Carson missed about 10 or 15 mins because a basketball game ran long, but the game wasn't in the guide

A bit ofa chess game in Baltimore. Get was actually on WNUV but it is now over on WUTB with this and WNUV gained Antenna TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts