American Sports Network launches 24/7 broadcast network on January 11th

I have seen Iceberg and others mention that when games are listed on ASN's website to air they don't.

Has anybody had games listed on Zap2It and the game not even air.

Usually Zap2It's guide has been right in my area but something is strange this time.

It lists two hockey games in a row on my MeTV on Friday which doesn't sound like something my station would do. That would be 5 straight hours of hockey and not sure what they will do if the first game would go into OT.

Also the second hockey game is NCHC (WJAC airs Hockey East normally) which so far my station has ignored airing them even when ASN's site claims we will but those never would appear in Zap2It before.

WJAC did admit on Facebook they have the option to air ASN on GRIT but I have yet to see it actually occur and it has little cable carriage.

"We are not going to carry the 24/7 ASN network… but we will still carry select ASN programming on METV and soon on 6.4 GRIT."

Also I still don't understand why WJAC and other Sinclair stations can't pre-empt Comet.

Tribune in the case of WQAD for example and at least one or two other stations I've found in the ACC Network will wipe out Antenna TV programming for games even though they own Antenna TV.

because Sinclair owns Comet and they are not going to pre-empt their own programming and commercial time when they can do it on another sub and get paid twice for the commercial time.

I'm sure the football games get better ratings and higher ad revenue than retro programming on AntennaTv is why Tribune does it.

So far Zap2It still claims 2 Hockey Games tomorrow.

To me it seems unlikely as I never once seen WJAC air two games in a row of any sport.

Still would be curious why WJAC refused to air other NCHC games if they do air this one.

If so guess I will wait 7 1/2 months for MeTV to re-air. LoL

Well it looks like Zap2It was right.

5 straight hours of hockey on MeTV.

The WJAC employee must have been wrong when they said WJAC will use 6.4 GRIT for some games.

I was hoping the guide was wrong but no go.

Maybe WJAC will drop GRIT once Nexstar's WTAJ gets it and they will shove ASN 24/7 on and stop touching MeTV.

I think Sinclair mixed me up with Iceberg. Iceberg is the one who wants to see tons of ASN hockey games not me. LoL

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)