American Sports Network launches 24/7 broadcast network on January 11th

That is what is frustrating. No offense but ASN is a Sinclair owned property. You figure if you have a Sinclair affiliate they would be shoving it down our throats. I wouldn't mind some basketball over paid programs on my local CW.

The one subchannel I really want and I can't get it (even though I am in a Sinclair market). I wish they would drop getTv (like they did in other markets) and added ASN to it instead. or create a -4.
I mean sure it may not be "big time" college sports. But I wouldnt mind tuning in throughout the day at 6 college basketball games today. I'd REALLY like it for the college hockey :)

Wonder if there is a rebranding of Tennis Channel in the future, now that Sinclair has agreed to purchase it.

http://www.tvweek.com/tvbizwire/2016/01/sinclair-broadcast-group-acquires-cable-channel/

Sinclair Broadcast Group announced it has entered into a “definitive agreement” to acquire the cable outlet Tennis Channel. The station group, which has 171 TV stations in its portfolio, said it will purchase all of the channel’s stock for $350 million.

The deal is subject to antitrust regulatory approval and other customary closing conditions, and is expected to close during the current quarter.

coming to Dayton, OH per a report

Apparently WKEF 22 has been advertising the American Sports Network coming Monday Feb. 15 on 22.2.

(GetTV is there right now)

ahh crap I read it wrong.
Get and Grit look similar when you are scanning the site ;)

So Get may be "GETting" out of Dayton

per a report from Dayton

Currently ASN is now up on 22.2, GetTV is gone from WKEF, WRGT hasn't changed anything.

according to a report WSET Roanoke, VA has added ASN and moved RTV to a new subchanel
13-1 ABC
13-2 ASN
13-3 Comet
13-4 RTV

13-4 popped up on the DVR tonight as WSET-RT. Very confusing. Apparently they have added 13-2 WSET-AS (sports) and moved Retro to -4

American Sports Network newest affiliate, KXKW 32.1, Lafayette Louisiana.
Yep ThisTV was dropped for ASN. I was so looking forward to some other network. Thank You Sinclair for launching this network, my fb messenger is flooded with negative comments about This getting replaced by ASN, with this and the repack hey take it all from me..

I have a feeling that WJAC might be getting this network soon.

WTAJ claims they will be adding GRIT thanks to the Nexstar-Katz deal.

My question though is, WJAC had originally .2 MeTV and .3 GRIT.

They would show games constantly on MeTV and many times GRIT as well.

Now we have .2 MeTV .3 Comet and .4 GRIT.

I am not sure what they show on GRIT now when it comes to ASN as they don't carry it on cable and I can't see doing an OTA tuner just to get a single extra subchannel I'm not in to their programming.

Anyway, why does Sinclair refuse to show their ASN material on Comet?

They own Comet and could easily prempt programming with no concerns.

Comet is more of a movie with some shows network which I just think makes more sense to prempt that a show type network like MeTV.

If you preempt something on MeTV like say Carol Burnett, it can actually take 7 months to re-air.

I doubt Comet or GRIT will take 7 months to re-air something.

If they claim they will add it then your good because most of the subnetworks that weren't added as part of the Nexstar-Katz deal on their respective stations were the fact that one of them was on another station like your market. Grit is what we call the Walker Texas Ranger Channel......I have ASN on one station and they still show games on KLWB 50......I'd take Grit repeats over ASN anyday........However if this is what is going to take place at least your not losing a subnetwork....

If they claim they will add it then your good because most of the subnetworks that weren't added as part of the Nexstar-Katz deal on their respective stations were the fact that one of them was on another station like your market. Grit is what we call the Walker Texas Ranger Channel......I have ASN on one station and they still show games on KLWB 50......I'd take Grit repeats over ASN anyday........However if this is what is going to take place at least your not losing a subnetwork....

Hopefully Sinclair re-arranges things in a better manner.

I'm sort of worried if they are only permitted 2 channels by cable co's how that will work out though.

Sinclair in one area with my company likes to get ASN 24/7 put for cable carriage.

I don't mind too much if Comet is removed as you can view it online.

But that will be really frustrating if MeTV is taken off cable carriage because I have so much drama getting my signal right for OTA even though the tower is only 1 mile away but the signal will fluctuate up and down constantly.

I would hope that Sinclair would find it crazy to remove MeTV from cable as it has rather high viewership in this area at least from what I hear from folks.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Hopefully Sinclair re-arranges things in a better manner.

I'm sort of worried if they are only permitted 2 channels by cable co's how that will work out though.

Sinclair in one area with my company likes to get ASN 24/7 put for cable carriage.

I don't mind too much if Comet is removed as you can view it online.

But that will be really frustrating if MeTV is taken off cable carriage because I have so much drama getting my signal right for OTA even though the tower is only 1 mile away but the signal will fluctuate up and down constantly.

I would hope that Sinclair would find it crazy to remove MeTV from cable as it has rather high viewership in this area at least from what I hear from folks.
I wouldn't worry about losing metv off cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)