America's Got Talent Season 5

Looks like we both posted without reading each other's posts but had similar thoughts about today's performance :)

Anyway, whatever happens tomorrow each finalist now has a great opportunity to have a life-time career. Hope they don't blew it.

Agreed. A lot of doors will be opened to the final four acts and they should all do very well. Heck, I even see a lot of doors opening for many others appearing on AGT this season. Personally, I would pay good money to have Clownvis perform at a company function and sling insults at employees. OK, enough with my unhealthy infatuation with the King of Clowns... :eek:

I liked this performance of Michael Grimm's the best of his on AGT. I do not think it will be enough to win.

I think that Piers went over the line when he buzzed PP. He should have just given his criticism after the performance. I do agree it was the wrong performance for PP. He should have done something much more fun, this was way too serious. I kept expecting him to rip off that outfit and go into something completely off the wall, but alas he stayed serious all the time.

Fighting gravity was good again. It was a minor item, but easily overlooked except that Piers went out of his way to sabotage them. I think Piers wants Jackie to win, and went out of his way to sabotage the other acts. I think that he really wants (as he said last week) to be known as the one that found Jackie.

Jackie was good again, but did not have the strength on the lower notes. She really needs a couple more years. But, then I guess the novelty of such a young singer may be worn off.

I do not really know who will win, but I think it will be between FG and Jackie. I think PP was sabotaged by Piers and his poor choice of material, Michael Grimm was lost in the crowd.

Finally got home and watched the show. I have to agree with you guys. Pies is a jackass for buzzing anyone in the finals.

I have never really liked PP but as far as vocals were concerned I thought it was his best performance. Unlike previous performances he hit the notes and I never cringed! :) But nothing happened! Great costumes, but so what.

Michael sang really well, but found myself losing attention. I don't care for that song in the first place. He sang well, but I wasn't moved at all. I had my finger on the skip button. It came down to song selection for me. I could not fault his performance, but I would not vote for him either. IMHO he needed to wow people and get them moving. That song is a slow-swaying song, not a "get on your feet and move" song.

Jackie was awesome. The low notes were definitely at the bottom of her range and she doesn't have the mass and enough lung capacity to project and sustain the low notes, but that was more than made up for with the rest of the performance which was still angelic. She will most likely be the winner tomorrow.

Fighting Gravity needed something tonight. The performance was interesting but it lacked some pizazz. The error was very obvious but forgivable. Piers pointing it out and telling everyone essentially to vote for Jackie was unforgivable. I still like Fighting Gravity, but I have resigned myself to having them end up in second place.

BTW Ilya, "theater in black" is a generic term. It has been around for some time. There's quite a few groups I have seen since I was a kid.

...I kept expecting him to rip off that outfit and go into something completely off the wall, but alas he stayed serious all the time.
You hit the nail on the proverbial head. I actually enjoyed the beginning of his act. He sported an interesting new look (OK, donning gay apparel), made a grand entrace down the staircase with that huge feathery skullcap, and even demonstated "decent" opera skills...but then everything went horribly wrong!

Mistake #1: that flattened platinum blonde hairdo. WTF? It was once again freakish looking, but this time not in a good way - it looked as though he slept with a gay white man's do-rag wrapped around his noggin.

Mistake #2: not bursing into his "Of course" weirdly entertaining over-the-top Richard Simmons meets Judy Garland meets Elton John meets Young Frankenstein morph called Prince Poppycock! He was merely John Quale singing in white face. Again, not a bad performance...but not what America was expecting.

Mistakes #3 through 10: see mistake #2.

Heck, the Prince even had a couple funny "fairy" jokes during the post performance. It's too bad he failed to put the poppy into Poppycock tonight (whatever that means).

My take on the best performance last night in order:

1. Grimm - love the voice and his style. My favorite singer. His best performance
  2. Jackie - One of the best voices I have ever heard on this show, especially from a kid. Her last performance was better than this one
  3. Fighting Gravity - Still like their first and second performance the best. This one was better than the last, but it is just more of the same
  4. Poppycock - Good voice, but not the best opera singer. Needs to put on a show to entertain and he failed to do so last night

How I believe they will finish by votes:

1. Jackie
  2. Fighting Gravity
  3. Grimm
  4. Poppycock

My take on the best performance last night in order:

1. Grimm - love the voice and his style. My favorite singer. His best performance
  2. Jackie - One of the best voices I have ever heard on this show, especially from a kid. Her last performance was better than this one
  3. Fighting Gravity - Still like their first and second performance the best. This one was better than the last, but it is just more of the same
  4. Poppycock - Good voice, but not the best opera singer. Needs to put on a show to entertain and he failed to do so last night

How I believe they will finish by votes:

1. Jackie
  2. Fighting Gravity
  3. Grimm
  4. Poppycock
I will simply agree with everything you posted. :hatsoff:

Regardless of who wins AGT 2010, this years winner is so much better than Kevin Skinner!

Tonight's Results Show...

"Jewel is slated to perform a duet with Michael Grimm, Sarah Brightman will sing with Jackie Evancho, Donna Summer will team up with Prince Poppycock and Lionel Richie will perform with Fighting Gravity."

This a nice lineup of celebrity entertainers and I appreciate the pairings...except one. I don't get Lionel Richie performing with Fighting Gravity. WTF? :confused: How about pairing them with Blue Man Group, Recycled Percussion, even Gallagher for crying out loud...anyone but Lionel Richie. :confused:

Other celebrity guests will include Usher, the Goo Goo Dolls and David Copperfield. Offhand, I don't know how they'll cram all these performanced into a 60-minute show. Never mind...I just noticed the show airs tonight from 8-10pm. I get the feeling we'll be seeing Jimmy Dinh and, good gravy, Mary Ellen once again. :facepalm

Donna Summer and Prince Poppycock were mildly entertaining. Cirque du Soleil is always entertaining...and I cannot believe how that guy can spin on his head so effortlessly. Jewel and Michael Grim were pretty good. Jewel is also an extremely talented classical singer and would also be great singing with Jackie Evancho.

Jackie Evancho reminds me of Charlotte Church I just hope with her talent she doesn't get over exposed like Charlotte did[you rarely hear much from her anymore].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)